Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

In fairness, I think its more than a small cash payment, but the converse of the old phrase 'where there's a will there's a way' is also true.
I heard a bloke from Africa interviewed on the radio the other day who said he’d been in an hotel for over TWELEVE months having had a single interview when he landed at the airport. If they’re only paying £50 a day (and it’ll be a lot more than that) that’s £18,000 a year. You don’t need many of those to start funding a proper service. They should be turning these cases round in 4/6 weeks with the asylum seeker either looking for ways to contribute to society or deported back from whence they came, whichever is appropriate.

I‘d imaging a big pull is the chaos in Blighty. Likely one of the easiest countries to disappear into, given the total lack of resources used to sort it out. It’s almost like they want the problem to persist, for some reason! “Look over there” being used continually for twelve years……..

“Cut our cloth accordingly” that means the poor wear charity clothes and the rulers wear “Stella McCartney” etc.
“Food banks or Waitrose“ free school meals or milk Thatcher took off them
We’re going to get tough and fly all those immigrants to Rwanda - that’s how tough we are!!
OK….. we’re going to give the French another £8 mill and they’ll send a couple of gendarmes out for a nice stroll on Bleriot Plage twice a week.
That’s how tough we are!!

Or we could stop creating division and deal with the people who sadly want a better life, £8million + the £60+million we already give the French per year.
No idea if they are illegal until we speak and process them most are entitled to be here.
It’s The PM telling us we have a trade deal with Australia and they can come and work here or we can go there as I said earlier it’s racism. They feed into Tory votes by the fears people have.

Rwanda the Rift Valley where we all first hailed from, why chose Rwanda why not hear there story and then decide if they are criminals send them back if the are.

“Cut our cloth accordingly” that means the poor wear charity clothes and the rulers wear “Stella McCartney” etc.
“Food banks or Waitrose“ free school meals or milk Thatcher took off them

Or we could stop creating division and deal with the people who sadly want a better life, £8million + the £60+million we already give the French per year.
No idea if they are illegal until we speak and process them most are entitled to be here.
It’s The PM telling us we have a trade deal with Australia and they can come and work here or we can go there as I said earlier it’s racism. They feed into Tory votes by the fears people have.

Rwanda the Rift Valley where we all first hailed from, why chose Rwanda why not hear there story and then decide if they are criminals send them back if the are.
Sadly, a government that plants, cultivates and harvests fear and division.
It‘s all they have left after 12 years of lies, disaster, lies, sleaze and, did I mention, lies

I heard a bloke from Africa interviewed on the radio the other day who said he’d been in an hotel for over TWELEVE months having had a single interview when he landed at the airport. If they’re only paying £50 a day (and it’ll be a lot more than that) that’s £18,000 a year. You don’t need many of those to start funding a proper service. They should be turning these cases round in 4/6 weeks with the asylum seeker either looking for ways to contribute to society or deported back from whence they came, whichever is appropriate.

I‘d imaging a big pull is the chaos in Blighty. Likely one of the easiest countries to disappear into, given the total lack of resources used to sort it out. It’s almost like they want the problem to persist, for some reason! “Look over there” being used continually for twelve years……..

Actually £18,000 pa is less than the cost of hiring one civil servant for the year.

Actually £18,000 pa is less than the cost of hiring one civil servant for the year.
I know that, but he’s not going to be the only one in an hotel for a year, is he? There’s a suggestion that we’re currently paying almost £7M A DAY on these hotels which would actually pay for at least 1 or 2 civil servants, surely?

The problem being that deciding cases quicker needs human resources, which costs money, which they dont have.

So they sweep it under the carpet instead, and even if that is for the reasons you give a false economy, decisions like that are made at ministerial level.

And we know what their levels of competence are like.
They could use the money they’re giving to the French……

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.