Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

That’s more of an issue for me than them coming here in dinghies.
Yes. As you know, it isn't illegal to enter the country on a dinghy (say) provided you are here to apply for asylum and provided you do so at the first reasonable opportunity. Once your application (and any appeal) has been dismissed you no longer have a valid reason for being here.

The reason, I am told, for this policy of simply letting them loose is that the Home Office simply do not have the resources to hold the failed asylum applicants pending deportation. So they basically do what they need to do to make it someone else's problem.

So I suppose another way of explaining your 75% figure is that it is Home Office policy for the other 25% to become part of the black economy.

Yes. As you know, it isn't illegal to enter the country on a dinghy (say) provided you are here to apply for asylum and provided you do so at the first reasonable opportunity. Once your application (and any appeal) has been dismissed you no longer have a valid reason for being here.

The reason, I am told, for this policy of simply letting them loose is that the Home Office simply do not have the resources to hold the failed asylum applicants pending deportation. So they basically do what they need to do to make it someone else's problem.

So I suppose another way of explaining your 75% figure is that it is Home Office policy for the other 25% to become part of the black economy.
Which could be easily fixed by adjudicating on cases quicker, meaning less housing costs, which could be put into their transportation to where they need to go.

Which could be easily fixed by adjudicating on cases quicker, meaning less housing costs, which could be put into their transportation to where they need to go.

The problem being that deciding cases quicker needs human resources, which costs money, which they dont have.

So they sweep it under the carpet instead, and even if that is for the reasons you give a false economy, decisions like that are made at ministerial level.

And we know what their levels of competence are like.

The problem being that deciding cases quicker needs human resources, which costs money, which they dont have.

So they sweep it under the carpet instead, and even if that is for the reasons you give a false economy, decisions like that are made at ministerial level.

And we know what their levels of competence are like.
For a small upfront cash payment to allow more people to process these applications, the problem could be solved pretty quickly.

It just goes against their don’t give a shit about foreigners policy though.

For a small upfront cash payment to allow more people to process these applications, the problem could be solved pretty quickly.

In fairness, I think its more than a small cash payment, but the converse of the old phrase 'where there's a will there's a way' is also true.

If the failed asylum seekers were deported they wouldn't be around to fuel the culture war that this government is hoping will get them re-elected. It's a problem that the government are only pretending they want to solve.

In fairness, I think its more than a small cash payment, but the converse of the old phrase 'where there's a will there's a way' is also true.

It is also not work that any Tom, Dick or Harry could do. It needs to be adjudicated upon by trained people who respond to an application with and answer that - if needs be - will stand up in court. A wilful failure to recruit and train staff by the HO is ultimately whats behind all this but that was a political decision because as we all know for this Govt "illegal" migrants as a handy political tool to use when needed to distract and boy oh boy now and in the coming moths they are going to need a distraction so don't expect any resolution any time soon.

It is also not work that any Tom, Dick or Harry could do. It needs to be adjudicated upon by trained people who respond to an application with and answer that - if needs be - will stand up in court. A wilful failure to recruit and train staff by the HO is ultimately whats behind all this but that was a political decision because as we all know for this Govt "illegal" migrants as a handy political tool to use when needed to distract and boy oh boy now and in the coming moths they are going to need a distraction so don't expect any resolution any time soon.
If they have reduced staff by 50%, those 50% could be rehired, should the will be there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.