Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Genuine question because I don't know but is the slow down in processing applications purely due to the increased number that need processing? Has there been an increase in resources to meet the demand, or even a decrease while demand has been rising? Surely in our interests to put whatever resources are needed into processing applications quickly and integrating the successful ones and turning the rest around.
There has been a decrease in speed while demand has been rising.

Irrelevant question.The right to claim asylum is enshrined in the UN Refugee convention of 1951 (to which the UK is a signatory) If an individual in another country is in fear of their life or is facing persecution they are entitled to claim asylum in the country of their choice. They are entitled to travel through other countries without disruption as long as they are travelling directly to their chosen country.

All I would ask is that their application is heard promptly and if successful they are integrated into society... if they are not successful they should be removed. However this Government chose to reduce the number of asylum case workers by over 50% which (including the shut down of the courts due to Covid) has led to a huge backlog and resulted in the UK having to accommodate asylum seekers in hotels. Eventually over 70% of asylum applications are granted ....and this rises to over 80% on appeal.

So the question you should be asking is why have the Tories created this problem ? Why aren't they recruiting case workers to solve the backlog? Why aren't they lobbying the UN for changes to the Refugee Convention (because they're not). Why do they insist on people only being able to claim asylum once they are in the country? Why are they paying the french to disrupt safe passage? (They wont because its clearly a breach of the Convention). Why the talk of wave machines and Rwanda?

The answer you will find is because if they resourced it properly ....and dealt with the applications promptly (preferably at Embassies and Consulates overseas) it wouldn't be that much of a ''problem'' and therefore they wouldn't be able to wind up their base.

You're being played.... sadly you cant see it.
I'm aware of that. But how am I 'being played' when the proof is there about housing losing value? Which is my original arguement. The problem is, we now now live in a globalist world so Brexit means nothing when everyone is cosying up with WEF and WHO.

Edit. We are the ones being played

I'm aware of that. But how am I 'being played' when the proof is there about housing losing value? Which is my original arguement. The problem is, we now now live in a globalist world so Brexit means nothing when everyone is cosying up with WEF and WHO.

Edit. We are the ones being played
That 1% drop in house prices identified in one report in some areas where a lot of asylum seekers are being placed is doing some heavy lifting as far as proof is concerned.
Anyway, more mentions of globalist, WEF.
Clearly a conspiracy nut.
Carry on.

That 1% drop in house prices identified in one report in some areas where a lot of asylum seekers are being placed is doing some heavy lifting as far as proof is concerned.
Anyway, more mentions of globalist, WEF.
Clearly a conspiracy nut.
Carry on.
I don't have to. I know what I know, you believe something different. These kind of conversations rarely end well. I'll agree to disagree with most of the points you have made and we can move on. Let's carry this on in 10 years time and see were we're at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.