Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Well, as the climate change issue becomes more acute then we can look forward to 100 million/200 million population in Britain, with immigrants outnumbering the people born here, I don't like the idea of that, even if you two do. Perhaps 'International Law' needs changing?
Yeah, let them all drown when our pollution causes their land to flood.

what a silly response but typical - we don't like International Law so lets change it - the first word is the clue - you would need about 195 countries to agree with you .... we can't even get the 27 EU countries on side ha ha ha ha
Actually, I think Sunak said last week we might have to change binding international law.

No doubt in specific and limited ways.

Well, as the climate change issue becomes more acute then we can look forward to 100 million/200 million population in Britain, with immigrants outnumbering the people born here, I don't like the idea of that, even if you two do. Perhaps 'International Law' needs changing?
Get used to it. Calm down and accept it's going happen, though hundreds of millions arriving on our shores is a bit overly melodramatic. The world is changing, and what, exactly, is wrong with people coming here from foreign lands?

There's nothing wrong with Brits migrating en masse to Spain and being foreign twats, so what's the difference?

When we crippled our own freedom of movement, assuming that we would be able to 'change people's minds' about wishing to make a life here, we accepted a growing population, like lemmings led by liars.

It's been said, but open the legal routes of entry and process asylum claims - it is what proper countries do - and stop imbeciles like Suella turning you into a fearful and resentful 'prisoner in your own home': she doesn't believe in what she's saying, just that it will win votes.

When we crippled our own freedom of movement, assuming that we would be able to 'change people's minds' about wishing to make a life here, we accepted a growing population, like lemmings led by liars.

It's been said, but open the legal routes of entry and process asylum claims - it is what proper countries do - and stop imbeciles like Suella turning you into a fearful and resentful 'prisoner in your own home': she doesn't believe in what she's saying, just that it will win votes.
I had to check. The number of Brits emigrating has slumped from around 130,000 a year before Brexit to 90,000 now. So just about matching the number of people arriving in small boats...

The number of EU citizens emigrating is still increasing, and non-EU citizens are flooding out... (nearly twice the pre-Brexit rate, now around 200,000 a year).

I had to check. The number of Brits emigrating has slumped from around 130,000 a year before Brexit to 90,000 now. So just about matching the number of people arriving in small boats...

The number of EU citizens emigrating is still increasing, and non-EU citizens are flooding out... (nearly twice the pre-Brexit rate, now around 200,000 a year).
Thanks for checking.

There were 5.5m UK born nationals living abroad, permanently, but nobody had an issue with that, in fact, it seemed to be a right. Well now it isn't.

I'm in my fifties, and previously enjoyed a period working in the EU. It will now be more difficult for me to do that, and for my children to do that, and I await the benefits of what we have done.

I find it amazing that Suella finds herself in the position she is in, and even more surprising that she rose to the top of the legal profession: she seems incompetent, and her performance at the Select Committee meeting stank of someone who was full of rhetoric but without substance - evidence of someone who is simply a mouthpiece but does not truly believe in her outward stance.

Thanks for checking.

There were 5.5m UK born nationals living abroad, permanently, but nobody had an issue with that, in fact, it seemed to be a right. Well now it isn't.

I'm in my fifties, and previously enjoyed a period working in the EU. It will now be more difficult for me to do that, and for my children to do that, and I await the benefits of what we have done.

I find it amazing that Suella finds herself in the position she is in, and even more surprising that she rose to the top of the legal profession: she seems incompetent, and her performance at the Select Committee meeting stank of someone who was full of rhetoric but without substance - evidence of someone who is simply a mouthpiece but does not truly believe in her outward stance.
She didn’t rise to the top of the legal profession unless you count the awarding of her QC as a result of her ministerial position. As a lawyer, she was a junior barrister occasionally entrusted with photocopying papers for the partners.

She didn’t rise to the top of the legal profession unless you count the awarding of her QC as a result of her ministerial position. As a lawyer, she was a junior barrister occasionally entrusted with photocopying papers for the partners.
Well I'm relieved: I found it hard to accept her credibility would cross two spheres.

She didn’t rise to the top of the legal profession. Far from it. I suppose technically speaking she was AG, and therefore made a QC, but that was a political appointment. In terms of her career at the bar it was unremarkable to say the least. She was actually considered a bit of a joke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.