Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

If you believe that we are going to have open borders then you are living in la la land, in the scope of human history most people rarely strayed from the village they were born in, you make it sound that people moved to other countries in their millions they didn't.

Again what do you do with failed asylum seekers? Detention would be the answer no?
I am not sure that you are fully reading responses. I believe in open borders. Unfortunately, no, I don't believe that it will happen, for a variety of reasons.

How do you believe that human beings now populate nearly all global land-mass, from origins generally believed to be in Africa?

I have already answered the last question. Assuming the absolute fairness of international asylum processing, then unsuccessful applicants would be returned to their country of origin. Of course, that would have to be an internationally recognised safe country, or their claim should have been successful.

If you believe that we are going to have open borders then you are living in la la land, in the scope of human history most people rarely strayed from the village they were born in, you make it sound that people moved to other countries in their millions they didn't.

Again what do you do with failed asylum seekers? Detention would be the answer no?
No it wouldn't, be detention for failed asylum seekers, it never has been. They should be processed quickly with decency and international rules on failed aslum claims followed.

I am not sure that you are fully reading responses.

I suspect you are just not making any sense and can't understand why someone doesn't believe what you believe.
How do you believe that human beings now populate nearly all global land-mass, from origins generally believed to be in Africa?
That has got nothing to do with anything at all has it? What in the world has the out of Africa theory got to do with modern migration.

"Unsuccessful applicant would be returned to their country of origin" doesn't really wash does it unless we have the facility to force them back.

Prison would be best until they agreed to go no?

some reportedly paying five grand to get across in a dinghy - BA first-class is less than that

I am not sure that you are fully reading responses. I believe in open borders. Unfortunately, no, I don't believe that it will happen, for a variety of reasons.

I have already answered the last question. Assuming the absolute fairness of international asylum processing, then unsuccessful applicants would be returned to their country of origin. Of course, that would have to be an internationally recognised safe country, or their claim should have been successful.
I suspect you are just not making any sense and can't understand why someone doesn't believe what you believe.

That has got nothing to do with anything at all has it? What in the world has the out of Africa theory got to do with modern migration.

"Unsuccessful applicant would be returned to their country of origin" doesn't really wash does it unless we have the facility to force them back.

Prison would be best until they agreed to go no?
I stated that humans had moved throughout the whole of human history. Of course it has to do with some of the reasons why people move now - climate, famine and war have been reasons for migration for thousands of years, just as they are now.

I have no issues whatsoever with you disagreeing with me; I prefer that we are not in agreement. Disagreeing isn't anything to do with failing to read.

I have no desire to imprison people. With a speedy model of asylum processing, any detainment should be absolutely minimal. It is also why I support internationally agreed standards on human rights - I have no faith in our government treating people properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.