Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

A lot of people are scared by the concept of 'freedom of movement' but these same folk hypocritically enjoy the freedom to pop into Yorkshire, Derbyshire or even Wales whenever they feel like it. The FOM in the EU is actually less free than that*, but it's really only the same as having bigger borders. It is not the same as having 'open borders'.

The Schengen countries exchange all sorts of data to which we are no longer privy due to Brexit, so we actually have less information about people who come here, legally or otherwise, than we did!

The most effective tool for controlling illegal migration would be to have ID cards and also to completely ban the cash-in-hand economy. But the odd thing is, the people most exercised by the topic are also the ones most opposed to these practical measures.

*You can skive on the dole in the UK county of your choice, but the likes of Germany limit non-native EU nationals to three months. We could never be bother to enforce this, as it was easier to blame the EU.
Those same people will also take it upon themselves to fuck off to Spain or the south of France when they retire, but that's ok because they're British, and not brown-skinmed. Blissful ignorance.

Those same people will also take it upon themselves to fuck off to Spain or the south of France when they retire, but that's ok because they're British, and not brown-skinmed. Blissful ignorance.

There you go bringing race into it again, give it a rest with your anti-white shit and stop bloody generalising.

The most effective tool for controlling illegal migration would be to have ID cards and also to completely ban the cash-in-hand economy. But the odd thing is, the people most exercised by the topic are also the ones most opposed to these practical measures.

I mean the most effective tool for controlling illegal migration would be to buil a giant wall around the coast, shoot anyone who goes near the wall on sight, have an army check every single lorry, container and boat that enters the country, track the movement of everyone 24/7, remove cash from the economy entirely and force every transaction to go through a bank account with required proof of lawful citizenship.

But we could also just not sacrifice a load of freedoms to a government that's proven itself to be deceitful authoritarians and just open a few safe routes of passage & staff the relevant departments so claims are processed promptly instead?

Last time I was in Oxfordshire it was almost empty.
Oxfordhire - fuck off! get real...The north west is a dumping ground for any shit - wish the’d dump a decent transport infrastructure up here, no football, I’m bored, lets get in the playground and have a fight!

I just googled 'what percentage of Belgium etc are immigrants'. Can you think of a fairer question to establish whether a country is pro or anti immigration?
It's a bit of a tricky one.

For @KPXBLN, those figures (at least for the UK) appear to be the percentage of people living in the UK, but not born here, even if they are now citizens.

However, three of the four largest groups are Indian, Pakistani, and Irish, which aren't hugely affected by our attitudes today. With Ireland we have free movement, and with the other two, we encouraged so many Indians and Pakistanis to come over to this country in the 50s and 60s, that there is always going to be strong links, and movement of people.

You're probably better looking at social attitudes surveys, where people are asked for their views.

Reactions: Vic
I would welcome ID cards but the fight against them probably wouldn't be from my demographic mate, after seeing some old bloke struggle with bank cards yesterday cash should always be an option though.

We already know ID cards would do nothing to stop illegal immigration or asylum seekers unless you pair it with getting rid of cash, so there's no logical argument for the former without the latter. It would be gotten around just like minimum wage laws and NI.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.