Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

We already know ID cards would do nothing to stop illegal immigration or asylum seekers unless you pair it with getting rid of cash, so there's no logical argument for the former without the latter. It would be gotten around just like minimum wage laws and NI.

I wasn't just thinking about immigration when it comes to ID cards, there are many more reasons we should have them, but that would be another discussion.

The big question here is what should we do about immigration without having just a big door that says come in and put your feet up, asylum is serious what do we do with the people who come in on the back of lies.

I wasn't just thinking about immigration when it comes to ID cards, there are many more reasons we should have them, but that would be another discussion.

The big question here is what should we do about immigration without having just a big door that says come in and put your feet up, asylum is serious what do we do with the people who come in on the back of lies.

I genuinely believe Its not that big a question, a lot of European countries have it relatively sorted out. This isn’t a logistical problem it’s an ideological one.

You let people apply legally from anywhere. This gets rid of the need to use organised crime gangs to travel half way across the world and risk dying in the channel. Undercut the gangs, they’ll move on to more lucrative operations as quickly as they set up this one.

You staff the departments who process immigration & asylum claims rather than the current tactic of slashing the budget annually. Under labour we had 2x as many asylum applicants and managed to get them all done in under 6 months. 13 years on with all the technological advancement that’s brought we now take twice as long to process half the applications. How? Because it’s a deliberate tactic.

Then you come up with a number of asylum seekers and refugees the country can accept per year. Stop having the attitude that one is too many. Accept it can be a net positive for the country, come up with some sort of points system that fast tracks nurses, doctors, teachers, whatever we desperately need as a country - or people who served our country in places like Afghanistan and obviously give some priority to people who are explicitly at risk rather than just tangentially being part of a vulnerable group.

Last edited:
The scariest part of that clip is the statement that the government ‘know’ it’ll win them votes!!!

What a society we’re becoming. Shameful.
This is a truly great sadness, and politicians who prey on it need to be outed for their lies and inflammatory words. Only yesterday, Susanna Reid, thankfully, simply called out Suella, for her nonsense about 100m people wanting to come to the UK, that then became billions, when, in fact, it was 45,000. I am angered that some people simply cannot see it, or don't want to because it feeds their prejudice. I only wish that Reid would simply ask, 'Why are you lying?'

Get back to teaching from home Mr Kobayashi, before AI makes you redundant, you useless parasite.

the-whale-brendan-fraser.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.