Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Looking at immigration as a percentage of population in Europe I can find.
Germany - 23%
UK - 16.8%
Spain - 15.23%
Belgium - 12. 7%
Netherlands - 12%
Italy - 10.6%
France - 10.2%

So we do appear to be pulling our weight a lot more than your average Nazi country (apart from Germany rather ironically). France seems very popular for wealthier immigrants (British) but not so much for poorer immigrants which probably explains why many immigrants risk their lives to get out of Calais!
That includes Braverman.

That was definitely worth watching again and just when I thought I could give the government some credit for the NI policy, I then realise that there’s obviously some politicking going on when you see Sunak lapping it up like a nodding dog in the background to something so wrong.

They are scum and they’re dragging the rest of us into their abhorrent perspective of the UK.

What I also find uncomfortable about this story is the Conservative assumption that the British public is overwhelmingly supportive. It’s clearly a policy designed to galvanise support around the issue, and indeed the Conservatives more generally, yet one rarely hears that underlying assumption questioned in the media. People may well want the issue dealt with, but whether they want their country to break international law to do so is questionable. What next, ‘Get the Boats Done’?

Looking at immigration as a percentage of population in Europe I can find.
Germany - 23%
UK - 16.8%
Spain - 15.23%
Belgium - 12. 7%
Netherlands - 12%
Italy - 10.6%
France - 10.2%

So we do appear to be pulling our weight a lot more than your average Nazi country (apart from Germany rather ironically). France seems very popular for wealthier immigrants (British) but not so much for poorer immigrants which probably explains why many immigrants risk their lives to get out of Calais!
Are these stats for % of residents who are foreign nationals? Because that’s an imperfect measure of rate of immigration. In Germany it can be difficult to acquire nationality, even if you’re born there, and they don’t allow dual nationality. There are people who migrated to Germany in the 70s or even earlier still living there who can show up as “foreign” on the statistics, which is misleading if we use those stats to measure how much immigration is actually happening right now.

If you believe that we are going to have open borders then you are living in la la land, in the scope of human history most people rarely strayed from the village they were born in, you make it sound that people moved to other countries in their millions they didn't.

Again what do you do with failed asylum seekers? Detention would be the answer no?
Err.....that's nonsense.

Can you remind me what controls we had in place for migration from the EU ? I don't recall any.

As regards the figures from Albania they were reported last night by our national broadcaster.
You may be confusing immigration with freedom of movement, we had both and control off immigration.We also had controls on freedom of movement which wisely we didn’t enforce.
We needed both and now out of the EU we need immigration even this government realise that.
You also seem to confuse immigration and FOM with asylum seekers and refugees which is also a very different thing and not at all connected. Easy mistake as the government insist on calling refugees illegal immigrants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.