Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Through my discussions and experience at work I can well believe 100s of millions of people want to move to the UK. I'm regularly asked by colleagues from the likes of India, Sri Lanka etc how they can move there.

Whether there are 100s of millions of people who are prepared to jump on a boat to cross the channel is quite another thing.

I am also of the opinion that the majority of those crossing the channel are economic migrants but hey ho.

Through my discussions and experience at work I can well believe 100s of millions of people want to move to the UK. I'm regularly asked by colleagues from the likes of India, Sri Lanka etc how they can move there.

Whether there are 100s of millions of people who are prepared to jump on a boat to cross the channel is quite another thing.

I am also of the opinion that the majority of those crossing the channel are economic migrants but hey ho.
I imagine that if you asked the UK population if they would like to live elsewhere, millions would say yes.

If I say to you you are using language exactly the same as the Kkk am I praising your use of language or calling you a racist? Boris Johnson's excuse for Party gate is that 'they were not actual parties' you are using exactly the same sort of excuse for Lineker. What about the Remain 'Project Fear' tactics, was that 'tapping into fear' or will that suddenly become 'totally justified'? Yes, the tories have been in power too long and should be replaced, but, I don't want to replace one set of cunts with another set of cunts who are just as hate filled. So come up with policies rather than the utterly infantile 'the tories shit stinks' ad infinitum. The tories are in government so fucking yes their shit stinks but every government in every country has shit that stinks.
I'm 100% on board with climate change and covid vaccinations but saying that the deniers do not even have a microscopic point is simply not true. However, that is for another day.
He was calling out the use of dangerous language, very simple, so I don’t follow your KKK and party gate analogies. He shouldn’t have mentioned Germany as it is very difficult to put that context and nuance into a tweet as you’ve just proved. With regards to ‘project fear’ that was a phrase created by the Leave group, not the Remain, so again I don’t follow your analogy. If you mean the remain politicians pointing out the pitfalls of leaving the EU, then I wouldn’t say they were creating fear - just pointing out the obvious - and although they did a terrible job of it they have now been proven right.
I disagree that Labour would be the ‘hate filled cunts’ as you say they would be if they win the next GE. There are good and bad politicians on all sides obviously, but I think they would take a more pragmatic approach than the dogmatic lot who’ve done a shit job for 13 years. But positive change will only happen when we get a system of government which fits the 21st century. Giving power to one ideology because they win about 33% of the vote is madness. I’d like to see the best politicians from all sides working together, fuck the tribalism, and if Labour do win the next GE and don’t then push for parliamentary reform then the current election cycle will simply repeat.
With climate change, in my old life I was a lobbyist, the firm I worked for lobbied for an oil company, pushing the line that the science wasn’t clear cut. The oil company knew it was clear cut.

He was calling out the use of dangerous language, very simple, so I don’t follow your KKK and party gate analogies. He shouldn’t have mentioned Germany as it is very difficult to put that context and nuance into a tweet as you’ve just proved. With regards to ‘project fear’ that was a phrase created by the Leave group, not the Remain, so again I don’t follow your analogy. If you mean the remain politicians pointing out the pitfalls of leaving the EU, then I wouldn’t say they were creating fear - just pointing out the obvious - and although they did a terrible job of it they have now been proven right.
I disagree that Labour would be the ‘hate filled cunts’ as you say they would be if they win the next GE. There are good and bad politicians on all sides obviously, but I think they would take a more pragmatic approach than the dogmatic lot who’ve done a shit job for 13 years. But positive change will only happen when we get a system of government which fits the 21st century. Giving power to one ideology because they win about 33% of the vote is madness. I’d like to see the best politicians from all sides working together, fuck the tribalism, and if Labour do win the next GE and don’t then push for parliamentary reform then the current election cycle will simply repeat.
With climate change, in my old life I was a lobbyist, the firm I worked for lobbied for an oil company, pushing the line that the science wasn’t clear cut. The oil company knew it was clear cut.
There is no way on the planet that labour will go for a move away from FPTP system as it all but removes the chance of them getting a majority in the future. As an asie FPTP has served the UK well and personally I think it should be maintained. Proportional Representation facilitated the rise of the Nazi party, if they had had FPTP things would likely have been very different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.