Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

There‘s a fairly well-known quote from Goebbels that uses „Humanitätsduselei“ (which has it‘s own, longer tradition of use in German).
Not sure how best to translate, but dismissive of humanitarian ideas as being sentimental, soppy, nonsense.
Either way, Braverman is a vile moron.
Thanks for the lead. I've not found any direct quotes but

Exhibit A:

Hitler's First Hundred Days: When Germans Embraced the Third Reich​

By Peter Fritzsche

"Nazi propaganda repeatedly urged citizens to abandon Christian caritas (charity) and what it mocked as sentimental liberal Humanitätsduselei." (translated: "enthusiastic, exaggerated demands for humanity")

Exhibit B
Again and again the "Chancellery of the Führer of the NSDAP", a rather marginal institution that regulated Hitler's private affairs and personal submissions to him, received requests asking for permission to use euthanasia. Among them was a father asking to have his disabled child killed. Hitler, who had always publicly mocked the "modern humanitarianism" in favour of the sick and weak, took on the case and authorized the head of the "Fuhrer's Chancellery", Philipp Bouhler, and his personal doctor, Dr. Karl Brandt, to kill the child and to proceed analogously in similar cases.

(Massenmord und Holocaust by
Michael Wildt)

Isn’t the necessity of such a suggestion both depressing and wholly undemocratic? Seriously, what is the point in voting in a safe constituency? I do it because I believe I should, and because not doing is what they’d want, but it’s a complete waste of time and effort.
I agree. I live in Wales in a constituency that has a Labour MP who is there IMO, only on the reputation of the Labour party and his father, neither of which are much good.

You could have an Ass stand for the Labour party here and it would win in a GE.

I wish my vote could count and contribute to the make up of Parliament but alas is does not and for as long as I stay here it never will..... Democracy? My arse!

Isn’t the necessity of such a suggestion both depressing and wholly undemocratic? Seriously, what is the point in voting in a safe constituency? I do it because I believe I should, and because not doing is what they’d want, but it’s a complete waste of time and effort.
Indeed it is depressing. Sadly, it’s entirely in the interests of the ruling classes to give the illusion, to the hoi polloi, that they do live in a democracy and should be grateful they don’t live ‘over there’.

Lowest share of the vote for a party which has formed a majority government is 35%.

Lowest share of the vote that has seen an MP elected is 24.5%

And, of course, in 1951 and 1974, the party that got the fewest votes, formed the government, with the 1951 vote being the one where the incumbent Labour Government increased its share of the vote to 48.8%, increased its actual vote by 700,000 and lost 78 seats!

Its amazing how many people will tell you, as a fact, that this is the only way to get stable governments, the absolute melts!

I agree. I live in Wales in a constituency that has a Labour MP who is there IMO, only on the reputation of the Labour party and his father, neither of which are much good.

You could have an Ass stand for the Labour party here and it would win in a GE.

I wish my vote could count and contribute to the make up of Parliament but alas is does not and for as long as I stay here it never will..... Democracy? My arse!

You could always stand as a BNP candidate yourself ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.