Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

200,000 new, affordable homes promised by Boris, for completion by 2022...zero built.

Anecdotal I know… but the last 3-5 years I’ve witnessed endless houses going up near where I live - so many grass areas and trees gone for new housing, so many new villages within months, it feels like they can’t build quick enough down here in the south

Anecdotal I know… but the last 3-5 years I’ve witnessed endless houses going up near where I live - so many grass areas and trees gone for new housing, so many new villages within months, it feels like they can’t build quick enough down here in the south
Oh indeed, and how many affordable units is that?

Every new development has to have affordable housing doesn't it?

I think that's the nominal idea, but the definition of 'affordable' seems to be a bit fluid. It's usually some as part-ownership where I live, rather than 'less expensive in total'.

I don't know how well councils enforce the affordable housing rule either.

The average salary in the UK is £27k. To get a mortgage on that, x 3.5 = £94,500. Let's say you even have 10k deposit, that's a £105k house. How many new builds are being built across the nation that have that kind of purchase price?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.