Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

The average salary in the UK is £27k. To get a mortgage on that, x 3.5 = £94,500. Let's say you even have 10k deposit, that's a £105k house. How many new builds are being built across the nation that have that kind of purchase price?
I think you get a lot more than 3.5 these days. A single applicant might be able to shop around for a multiple of 5 or even more. Couples get less, but even 25 years ago, when I first bought a place, myself and my g/f were offered much more than 3.5.

Not sure that's a good thing, as it probably drives prices up even higher.

I think you get a lot more than 3.5 these days. A single applicant might be able to shop around for a multiple of 5 or even more. Couples get less, but even 25 years ago, when I first bought a place, myself and my g/f were offered much more than 3.5.

Not sure that's a good thing, as it probably drives prices up even higher.
A bit more, but not a lot:-

Traditionally, most UK mortgage providers use a calculation based on 4-4.5 times a household’s annual income to initially assess how much you can borrow. Consequently, you need to have a sole or combined income between £11,111 and £12,500 for a £50,000 mortgage. There are, though, a few providers that use a higher multiple.

£50k Mortgages: Monthly Repayments & Salary Requirements

www.onlinemoneyadvisor.co.uk/mortgage-payments/50000-mortgage/

A bit more, but not a lot:-

Traditionally, most UK mortgage providers use a calculation based on 4-4.5 times a household’s annual income to initially assess how much you can borrow. Consequently, you need to have a sole or combined income between £11,111 and £12,500 for a £50,000 mortgage. There are, though, a few providers that use a higher multiple.

£50k Mortgages: Monthly Repayments & Salary Requirements

www.onlinemoneyadvisor.co.uk/mortgage-payments/50000-mortgage/
It's still quite a bit - if we're talking up to 4.5 being standard for households, and individuals being able to get more if they shop around.

I was really just pointing out that the 3.5 isn't that common any more - you tend to get higher as they can do more complex credit checks, and look at other finances, more easily.

I do absolutely agree that there aren't many affordable houses, and I don't think 4-5 times a salary should be considered affordable.

Today, Suella's husband has spoken to the Daily Mail, who are very desperate to inflame the culture wars.

Gary Lineker used Nazi slurs to smear my wife... I lost family in the Holocaust and I find that disgusting: He's never given an interview before but Home Secretary Suella Braverman's husband was so incensed by the BBC star's tweet he HAD to speak out​

Today, Suella's husband has spoken to the Daily Mail, who are very desperate to inflame the culture wars.

Gary Lineker used Nazi slurs to smear my wife... I lost family in the Holocaust and I find that disgusting: He's never given an interview before but Home Secretary Suella Braverman's husband was so incensed by the BBC star's tweet he HAD to speak out​

If he didn't want people insulting his wife, he shouldn't have married a horrible **** with absolutely zero redeeming qualities with such a public career.

Lineker didn't mention Suella.

Her husband must have recognised the language...

In case you missed it, when Braverman said in Parliament (after the Lineker fuss) that opponents of her immigration policy were using "the fake garb of humanitarianism" she was saying stuff that could have come straight from Mein Kampf. The Nazis really did not like humanitarianism.

Lineker didn't mention Suella.

Her husband must have recognised the language...

In case you missed it, when Braverman said in Parliament (after the Lineker fuss) that opponents of her immigration policy were using "the fake garb of humanitarianism" she was saying stuff that could have come straight from Mein Kampf. The Nazis really did not like humanitarianism.
I know!
What Lineker said has been twisted so that the message is lost - a standard tactic of the Conservative party. By besmirching the messenger - radical, leftist, anarchist, woke, snowflake, Antifa, Corbynista...the message is lost. Suella's husband is only quoted by The Mail because they want to continue to pour paraffin on the culture wars that they are helping the government to create. Fortunately, it appears that the nation are not being so readily convinced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.