Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

made himself out to be an enemy of the people again though - it seems that for some people the tradition of having Bishops in the Lords is worthy but they just need to toe the line and not speak out or if they do speak out in a manner that they agree with. For me the Bishops are in there to be a moral compass and provide guidance on the business of the House and when things like this Bill come to the Lords if he feels duty bound to speak out its right that he does
Ironically one of the reasons touted for ‘stopping the migrants’ is that we’re a Christian country (whatever that means), which was also a theme over the coronation.
Of course our media and politicians would need some self awareness and understanding to realise that and unfortunately have very little of either.

made himself out to be an enemy of the people again though - it seems that for some people the tradition of having Bishops in the Lords is worthy but they just need to toe the line and not speak out or if they do speak out in a manner that they agree with. For me the Bishops are in there to be a moral compass and provide guidance on the business of the House and when things like this Bill come to the Lords if he feels duty bound to speak out its right that he does

pretty much - I think the viewpoint is important, and it's why I said that when an Archbishop says something like this, the govt should recognise that it's serious.

Ironically one of the reasons touted for ‘stopping the migrants’ is that we’re a Christian country (whatever that means), which was also a theme over the coronation.
Of course our media and politicians would need some self awareness and understanding to realise that and unfortunately have very little of either.
As in we're Christian so don't want more Muslims, or we're Christian so should do to refugees as we would others do to us? Welby quoted Jesus on welcoming strangers.

And at least four bishops were there. They normally send just one on "Lords duty".

More incoherent gibberish that makes absolutely no sense in her speech today. How are we supposed to have high paid British fruit pickers whilst trying to keep inflation down? And seasonal workers doing fruit picking aren’t even counted in the migration figures anyway. At least most people who gaslight us aren’t so blatantly lying to us. Her speech is obviously targeted at fascists and morons, of which we have far too many. Hopefully the thick fuckers will revert to not voting and leave making decisions about the direction of the country to those that aren’t complete idiots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.