Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

An old tweet but still damning:

It was absolutely no surprise that she was useless as AG. She was given her QC honour 11 days after she was appointed AG, something unheard of in modern times and probably ever. Her legal career lasted all of 5 years before she went into politics where she was given the least demanding cases befitting a junior barrister. Her lack of legal experience prior to being given the highest law office in the land is only matched by her lack of experience that she can bring into her new role as Home Secretary responsible for the security of the nation.

It was absolutely no surprise that she was useless as AG. She was given her QC honour 11 days after she was appointed AG, something unheard of in modern times and probably ever. Her legal career lasted all of 5 years before she went into politics where she was given the least demanding cases befitting a junior barrister. Her lack of legal experience prior to being given the highest law office in the land is only matched by her lack of experience that she can bring into her new role as Home Secretary responsible for the security of the nation.
This is what I had been led to believe, namely, that she was fast-tracked into the post.

Many thanks for filling in the specific background details.

This is what I had been led to believe, namely, that she was fast-tracked into the post.

Many thanks for filling in the specific background details.
Fast tracked is the understatement of the year.
In your field (iirc) it would be the equivalent of a reception classroom assistant made head of Manchester Grammar after a month in the post.

Many people are complaining about the return of Suella Braverman to the Home Office this week, but would they have preferred the alternative: Boris Johnson back into Number 10?

It is obvious a deal has been done, back me (from Sunak to her) and I will get you your job back and that is what stopped Johnson getting the support he needed.

It wouldn't surprise me if they even concocted the plan when Truss was still the PM. Braverman made those 'technical errors' & resigned, but then her goodbye letter was possibly the final nail in the coffin for Truss who went herself I think, one day after.

P.S. and JFK was killed by one of the secret service guys in the car behind don't you know!

Many people are complaining about the return of Suella Braverman to the Home Office this week, but would they have preferred the alternative: Boris Johnson back into Number 10?

It is obvious a deal has been done, back me (from Sunak to her) and I will get you your job back and that is what stopped Johnson getting the support he needed.

It wouldn't surprise me if they even concocted the plan when Truss was still the PM. Braverman made those 'technical errors' & resigned, but then her goodbye letter was possibly the final nail in the coffin for Truss who went herself I think, one day after.

P.S. and JFK was killed by one of the secret service guys in the car behind don't you know!
I would have preferred Johnson back in no 10 as that would have expedited a GE and the Tories fucked off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.