Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Why am I not surprised.
It's clear that this will run and run until Sunak is forced to sack her, and that will be sooner rather than later. Sunak was on a hiding to nothing though, if he hadn't guaranteed her the job the ERG would have voted en-masse for Johnson and he would have won the members vote meaning another crisis with the buffoon in charge. Giving in to her has made him look weak and foolish, and when he inevitably has to sack her it will confirm that his judgment was flawed in the first place. What he probably should have done was do a deal with someone slightly less toxic from the ERG, although it's probably quite difficult to find that person.

Yep. First few days are all about Sunak’s misjudgment or weakness in appointing Braverman. Then you have Williamson lurking in the background, Coffey at Environment who is guaranteed to be useless, Raab at Justice, its a guaranteed shitshow.

Only upside is Sunak not tanking the economy overnight.

She's his flak jacket.

Like Johnson, he needs a distraction whilst he quietly screws the plebs. She will be sacked when he has no need for her.

People are always so desperate to see some malevolent grand plan.

She’s not a flak jacket, she’s a giant stick being used to smash him on the head repeatedly and has undercut his position immediately.

The much more boring truth is that she’s the face of a right wing faction of the party whose votes he needed to become leader.

She’s not a flak jacket, she’s a giant stick being used to smash him on the head repeatedly and has undercut his position immediately.

The much more boring truth is that she’s the face of a right wing faction of the party whose votes he needed to become leader.

That's how I see it. She's malign, but she's the price he has to put up with.

Not sure what Berry's play is in briefing openly against her - just to get her out (and who comes in?) or whether it's to get Sunak.

That's how I see it. She's malign, but she's the price he has to put up with.

Not sure what Berry's play is in briefing openly against her - just to get her out (and who comes in?) or whether it's to get Sunak.

It’s because he was sacked as party chairman and kicked off to the backbenches immediately, and not even offered a junior post.

No love lost between either as Braverman precipitated the fall of the Truss government, when they might have limped on a bit longer. Aimed at both I think, if Sunak sacks her within weeks it will be as almost as embarrassing as Truss sacking KK.

Yep, poor wee Rishi now has to either grow some balls and do the right thing and fire her for breaking the ministerial code, and enrage the ERG who will not take their darling being ousted, or he can show how weak- kneed he is and let her stay and demonstrate that he is scared of the right- wing loons and he is not in charge, and that his party is hopelessly split and ungovernable.
Good luck to him with that.

This annoying argument that we should 'move on' from everything really winds me up. Of course, it only applies to Tory cnut ministers and their mates.

Can you imagine a court where the judge says, well, you've been convicted of 486 burglary offences, but I think we should move on? I am now appointing you as the manager of Nat West in Bolton. Of course, you can't imagine it, because it's fucking unimaginable. Move on, move on. On that basis nobody should be held accountable for anything.

It’s because he was sacked as party chairman and kicked off to the backbenches immediately, and not even offered a junior post.

No love lost between either as Braverman precipitated the fall of the Truss government, when they might have limped on a bit longer. Aimed at both I think, if Sunak sacks her within weeks it will be as almost as embarrassing as Truss sacking KK.

I'd noticed that he'd gone from favour. Not exactly a great start in the united Conservative party chatter.

I'd wondered whether the Truss collective would get organised, but it seems to be without any consideration for themselves.

The most notable absentee is Sajid Javid. I did wonder if Sunak was letting Braverman ruin herself and let him back in that way. Of course, the Johnsonites may have put their foot down as he was the first to quit and made a speech about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.