Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

He’s not heard of a prescription prepayment certificate either.

I have asked at the chemist about this, thank you, it will help me.

As regards this topic, it is still all over the Sunday press and was a big talking point on Laura K. There are new things coming out like how Braverman e-mailed the person she had sent confidential stuff in error and asked them to not read it and delete it - so what? Seems a sensible thing to do.

Basically, some don't care for the woman because of her views on immigration (especially her dream about Rwanda) some have 'political' reasons too: her Labour shadow on TV Yvette Cooper made reference to a 'deal' that got Sunak into Number Ten - perhaps Labour believe they would have had a better chance of winning power if Boris Johnson had got back and possibly sooner than Jan 2025. I think some in Labour, in the Civil Service possible even in her own party (anti-Sunak types) who keep stirring up this Braverman story to force a quick General Election - although I can't think why some Torys would be doing that if the polls are anywhere close to correct.

It is a shame how with all the bad stuff going on so many are trying to destabilise the new Prime Minister before he has even got started and are doing so by focussing on this Suella Braverman re-appointment. Let him get on with the job I say and let her too.

The funny thing is (except it is not so funny) I would love to be deported to Rwanda.

I am seriously right on the edge right now: recently I had a health scare and the medication will help me, but I work, but in a low paid job - so no free prescriptions for me. £40 a month is the cost of the medicine. My rent has just been increased by £50 whilst my pay remains static.

I am seriosly thinking that to get a cheap channel ticket to France and then a dingey back will be my best solution (I have a swarthy complexion) - my accomadation and food issues will be solved in an instant. But is it right I should even be thinking of that (probably not the best time of year). People keep slagging me off on here, but they don't know the full situation.

If you did that right now, you’d currently be (illegally) detained for quite a while in an asylum processing centre that is currently experiencing an outbreak of diphtheria and scabies.

You’d then likely have to wait for between one and three years with £40 a week to live off. You’ll have no choice where you go and the vast majority aren’t in hotels or b&bs (that tends to be the overspill in the initial screening process), they’re in shared accommodation which has the opposite of what could be considered mod cons.

From the sounds of it, you’ve got a few struggles going on. I sympathise with that but looking for someone else to pin the blame on or deflect your issues to, particularly a group that have their own horrendous struggles, isn’t going to do anything to change your current situation aside from filling you with (misplaced) anger and resentment. Before you know it, you’ll be sat there on message boards and Twitter all day shouting about the worlds ills and blaming other people for your issues despite them struggling just as much, if not more themselves.

If you want to break that cycle and do something proactive to start to change your situation, then you do have the power to do so. For a start, speak to your pharmacist or gp about a prescription prepayment certificate, you could save significant amounts on your prescription charges, and then go from there.

As regards this topic, it is still all over the Sunday press and was a big talking point on Laura K. There are new things coming out like how Braverman e-mailed the person she had sent confidential stuff in error and asked them to not read it and delete it - so what? Seems a sensible thing to do.

Basically, some don't care for the woman because of her views on immigration (especially her dream about Rwanda) some have 'political' reasons too: her Labour shadow on TV Yvette Cooper made reference to a 'deal' that got Sunak into Number Ten - perhaps Labour believe they would have had a better chance of winning power if Boris Johnson had got back and possibly sooner than Jan 2025. I think some in Labour, in the Civil Service possible even in her own party (anti-Sunak types) who keep stirring up this Braverman story to force a quick General Election - although I can't think why some Torys would be doing that if the polls are anywhere close to correct.

It is a shame how with all the bad stuff going on so many are trying to destabilise the new Prime Minister before he has even got started and are doing so by focussing on this Suella Braverman re-appointment. Let him get on with the job I say and let her too.
This is why the Tories change their leader so often, because people will want to ‘give them a chance’ and effectively wipe the slate clean, and they can pretend that the new leader has no responsibility for the previous x number of incumbents who turned out to shit, even though the new one was fully supportive and voted for everything that the old one proposed.

That’s such a bad take on this it’s bizarre. There’s more and more coming out about the cavalier attitude to national security practiced by government ministers including the two most recent Prime Ministers before this one and the current Home Secretary. We’re supposed to just let them get on with it if they say sorry? That’s ridiculous. If they are unable to follow the strict protocols that are in place for very good reasons they are either thoroughly incompetent or traitorous. Either way they should be nowhere near running the country.

People don’t just have an issue with her policy on immigration. Her time as AG and everything that has come out recently has shown there are significant concerns about her competency and her integrity. Thinking she should be able to get on with it despite significant breaches of the ministerial code and it being a potential risk to national security is an opinion I haven’t even seen moderately capable right wing commentators have, let alone anyone else.

It’s the complete opposite of what you suggest. People of the mindset she should be in the role still are purely doing it because they agree with her view and policy on immigration and are willing to forego any of our usual standards in order for it to potentially happen.

If even Amber Rudd describes that policy as horrific, you really have to question what group of people you’re aligning yourself to…

Free prescriptions if you have a low income.​

If you have a low income, you may be eligible to receive financial help through the NHS Low Income Scheme.

To apply for an HC2 certificate, complete form HC1, which is available from Jobcentre Plus offices or most NHS hospitals. You might also be able to get an HC1 form from your doctor, dentist or optician.

You can also get an HC1 form by calling 0300 123 0849.

You qualify for a full help HC2 certificate (which includes free NHS prescriptions) if your income is less than or equal to your requirements, or your income is greater than your requirements by no more than half the current English prescription charge.

You qualify for a limited help HC3 certificate if your income is greater than your requirements by more than half the current English prescription charge.

The HC3 certificate shows how much you have to pay towards your health costs.

Certificates are usually valid for between 6 months and 5 years, depending on your circumstances.

This is why the Tories change their leader so often, because people will want to ‘give them a chance’ and effectively wipe the slate clean, and they can pretend that the new leader has no responsibility for the previous x number of incumbents who turned out to shit, even though the new one was fully supportive and voted for everything that the old one proposed.
The Tories are already blaming everything on Truss so we can now believe it’s a brave new start where all that went before never happened.

That’s such a bad take on this it’s bizarre. There’s more and more coming out about the cavalier attitude to national security practiced by government ministers including the two most recent Prime Ministers before this one and the current Home Secretary. We’re supposed to just let them get on with it if they say sorry? That’s ridiculous. If they are unable to follow the strict protocols that are in place for very good reasons they are either thoroughly incompetent or traitorous. Either way they should be nowhere near running the country.
My issue with these security breaches is why would they be conducting governmental business on personal devices. At best it’s stupidity, at worse it could be more devious and individuals purposely sending stuff to others for ulterior motives.

My issue with these security breaches is why would they be conducting governmental business on personal devices. At best it’s stupidity, at worse it could be more devious and individuals purposely sending stuff to others for ulterior motives.
As someone who works in a field where I have to send classified information sometimes I know that I’d get sacked if I used personal devices, and there are strict procedures in place that get more onerous as the classification increases. For a government minister to have and send stuff on a personal device is clearly indicative that she wanted to send it without leaving a record on the official system. It’s not a mistake, it was deliberate. There’s no other explanation.

As someone who works in a field where I have to send classified information sometimes I know that I’d get sacked if I used personal devices, and there are strict procedures in place that get more onerous as the classification increases. For a government minister to have and send stuff on a personal device is clearly indicative that she wanted to send it without leaving a record on the official system. It’s not a mistake, it was deliberate. There’s no other explanation.
Totally agree. These are very serious breaches and need to be thoroughly investigated by external security services, not one of their own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.