Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

As someone who works in a field where I have to send classified information sometimes I know that I’d get sacked if I used personal devices, and there are strict procedures in place that get more onerous as the classification increases. For a government minister to have and send stuff on a personal device is clearly indicative that she wanted to send it without leaving a record on the official system. It’s not a mistake, it was deliberate. There’s no other explanation.
Same where I work. It's basic stuff that is grilled into you from day 1. It's either arrogance and incompetence or intentional.

She is at it again, telling lies about the timeline when she got sacked, refusing to go in front of the select committee.

Sorry if this has already been posted, refusing to answer any questions about the ‘secret’ society that is otherwise known as the ERG

ps; is she like this to make up for the fact that she is fuggly?

Horrific reports from Manston about conditions and disease.
If you weren’t ashamed of this govt before……..
Shame on this sad, sick little woman.

Same where I work. It's basic stuff that is grilled into you from day 1. It's either arrogance and incompetence or intentional.
It's not incompetence and I doubt it's pure arrogance. It's a blurring of the lines (or crossing them entirely) between their duty as servants of the crown and party politics/ideology. They're doing things on their personal devices that they think won't be subject to monitoring by the Security Services (although I bet they do get monitored) and FOI requests. It also makes it easier to get rid of anything embarrassing (as Rebekah Vardy's agent did, by dropping her phone in the North Sea).

Recent governments have driven a coach and horses through ethical standards of public life. I would like to see (but strongly suspect I won't) the Cabinet Secretary reminding the Cabinet and other ministers of their responsibilities, with the PM telling them that anyone found to have broken the rules will not just be sacked, but will lose the whip & be deselected as a candidate.

Last edited:
It’s got to be intentional. If it was incompetence she’d have emailed it from her government account. She must have consciously taken the file off a government server (probably using a memory stick) and loaded it on to her own device because even emailing it to her personal device would be against the rules.

I have asked at the chemist about this, thank you, it will help me.

As regards this topic, it is still all over the Sunday press and was a big talking point on Laura K. There are new things coming out like how Braverman e-mailed the person she had sent confidential stuff in error and asked them to not read it and delete it - so what? Seems a sensible thing to do.

Basically, some don't care for the woman because of her views on immigration (especially her dream about Rwanda) some have 'political' reasons too: her Labour shadow on TV Yvette Cooper made reference to a 'deal' that got Sunak into Number Ten - perhaps Labour believe they would have had a better chance of winning power if Boris Johnson had got back and possibly sooner than Jan 2025. I think some in Labour, in the Civil Service possible even in her own party (anti-Sunak types) who keep stirring up this Braverman story to force a quick General Election - although I can't think why some Torys would be doing that if the polls are anywhere close to correct.

It is a shame how with all the bad stuff going on so many are trying to destabilise the new Prime Minister before he has even got started and are doing so by focussing on this Suella Braverman re-appointment. Let him get on with the job I say and let her too.
There are multiple problems with that:

1. She sent it on purpose to someone she wasn't allowed to send it to. This is enough to get her sacked. The mistake was sending it to a third person, when she intended to send it to the wife of an MP (think about how dodgy that is for a start) and that's how she was found out.

2. She's the Home Secretary and deals with more serious confidential information than anyone else in government. She is not allowed to make mistakes like that, and there will be protocols and controls in place to stop it happening, which is why she had to deliberately send it to her personal email first, and then onto someone else.

She didn't make a mistake, she deliberately broke the rules (and I would assume the law), and by being careless when she was breaking them, got found out.

There are multiple problems with that:

1. She sent it on purpose to someone she wasn't allowed to send it to. This is enough to get her sacked. The mistake was sending it to a third person, when she intended to send it to the wife of an MP (think about how dodgy that is for a start) and that's how she was found out.

2. She's the Home Secretary and deals with more serious confidential information than anyone else in government. She is not allowed to make mistakes like that, and there will be protocols and controls in place to stop it happening, which is why she had to deliberately send it to her personal email first, and then onto someone else.

She didn't make a mistake, she deliberately broke the rules (and I would assume the law), and by being careless when she was breaking them, got found out.
How anyone thinks this was anything but deliberate is either kidding themselves or has no idea how these things work.

The fact that the PM and cabinet are complicit in perpetuating the “mistake and she’s sorry” story is a disgrace, and should be enough to bring the government down. Her avoidance of the UQ in Parliament was also fucking outrageous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.