Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Ah, the half a million legal immigrants last year don't cover this then? You're happy for the illegals too fund criminality whilst risking their and their kid's lives? it's the illegal immigration I take issue with. I have no issue whatsoever with controlled immigration.
Then let’s make it easier for them to get here, let’s start taking in a fair share.

Immigration is out of control. If you think that 40,000 people coming to our shores so far this year, risking their lives and funding criminality in inflatable boats, in "control" then I wonder what you would say out of control actually is.
Asylum applications haven't increased that much. But the speed of dealing with them has plummeted. If they'd used the money spent on the Rwanda scheme on employing people to deal with applications it wouldn't be out of control.

Then let’s make it easier for them to get here, let’s start taking in a fair share.
What do you call fair? Put a number on it. Half a million legal immigrants last year and I welcome them all.

Asylum applications haven't increased that much. But the speed of dealing with them has plummeted. If they'd used the money spent on the Rwanda scheme on employing people to deal with applications it wouldn't be out of control.
So what is your plan for stopping 40,000 people, so far this year, crossing the channel illegally?

Take them all in? No papers, no checks...

Whatever the rights and wrongs around the immigration issue we are clearly being played by a govt that needs to find a polarising and populist issue to dominate the next GE and persuade large chunks of the population that have been shafted by them for over a decade to vote for them again. It's what they did with brexit, and it's what I believe they will try to do now with immigration.
On that basis I don't think there is anything stupid or I'll judged about what braverman said today- it's absolutely calculated.

Whatever the rights and wrongs around the immigration issue we are clearly being played by a govt that needs to find a polarising and populist issue to dominate the next GE and persuade large chunks of the population that have been shafted by them for over a decade to vote for them again. It's what they did with brexit, and it's what I believe they will try to do now with immigration.
As opposed to Labour whose only discernible policy seems to be to try to get as many ministers sacked to make them look good rather than have actual policies that people can relate to? I mean what is Labour's immigration policy?

PS I repeat that I welcome legal immigration. And I do believe that Brexit was won on immigration too.

As opposed to Labour whose only discernible policy seems to be to try to get as many ministers sacked to make them look good rather than have actual policies that people can relate to? I mean what is Labour's immigration policy?

PS I repeat that I welcome legal immigration. And I do believe that Brexit was won on immigration too.
I'm not saying there isn't a problem with immigration or labour have the answers. In fact their silence or confusion over the issue makes it perfect for weaponisation by the Tories - just like brexit.

Immigration is out of control. If you think that 40,000 people coming to our shores so far this year, risking their lives and funding criminality in inflatable boats, in "control" then I wonder what you would say out of control actually is.

Control is the 1.5m visa's handed out last year to immigrants to this country. If immigration and numbers push your buttons then ask yourself why the Govt bangs on about illegal migrants ( who aren't illegal under International law ) and how small the numbers are there -its almost as if they use that 40k number to distract you from the 1.5m isn't it?

Oh and BTW of those who came here last year only 4% have had a decision on their asylum clam so far - ever thought they may be creating a "problem" to keep people angry and looking the other way?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.