Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

I understand your anger, but that polarisation is exactly what braverman is trying to engineer - textbook divide and rule. We'll be so busy calling each other racists or woke and telling each other to fuck off that we won't notice what is happening to our country and living standards.

Culture wars is all they have.

So what is your plan for stopping 40,000 people, so far this year, crossing the channel illegally?

Take them all in? No papers, no checks...
You take them in, process their applications in a timely manner, and return the ones that are not legitimate. You could even open an asylum processing centre in France. But the government has no interest in doing that, because that stops asylum seekers becoming a political issue that they can exploit to get elected. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy at the moment. Don't fund it properly so it creates huge problems and then you can use those huge problems to rile up right-wingers to vote for you. "It's not our fault, it's the courts implementing the laws (that we signed up for)." And it's the cowards way of doing it too. If they want to raise the standards required to be granted asylum to make it more difficult, then they should argue for that, put it to a vote and change the rules. But then that's basically admitting that they don't give a shit about asylum seekers.

There seems to be circulating the idea that if Braverman goes, the right wing fruit loops in the Tory party will have lost everything. And as they despise Sunak and the country is in the crapper, they might be open to triggering an election and get Labour to deal with it. Then they can regroup and go again in five years when Labour is covered in shit and disappointment.

Braverman reckons we're facing an 'invasion' along our South coast.
Someone should remind her what's happening in Ukraine.
That is a country suffering desperately from and fighting heroically back against a murderous invasion from Russia.
It is an absolute disgrace for her to use this deceptive language of equivalence.
She’ll have them on the front line if she could

The most racist immigration policy agenda has been delivered by a procession of Asian home secretaries… if I didn’t have a sense of humor I would cry.

These cockroaches have no shame. They realized white people saying racist things polls bad but when it comes from a brown/black person is their version of “woke”.

I don’t know how and when as a POC you sell your soul to be someone’s puppet. Millions of their ancestors died for them to be where they are and they choose this. As a black man it really hurts seeing it in the UK and USA.

I don’t care if another black person or minority subscribes to a different POV from me. But at least do it with some self respect!

Whatever the rights and wrongs around the immigration issue we are clearly being played by a govt that needs to find a polarising and populist issue to dominate the next GE and persuade large chunks of the population that have been shafted by them for over a decade to vote for them again. It's what they did with brexit, and it's what I believe they will try to do now with immigration.
On that basis I don't think there is anything stupid or I'll judged about what braverman said today- it's absolutely calculated.
Been thinking the same myself though not with as much clarity around GE time. I did wonder how the hell they've let it slip into this sorry state. I think now we know why. Wasting our money, trashing our country, to win elections.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.