Summer 2023 outgoing

way too many rumours for liking about an exodus.

Mahrez, Bernardo, Gundo, Walker, Cancelo, Laporte, and potentially Gomez, Phillips too and Palmer on loan.Thats a third of the squad.

we do need an injection into the squad after a treble season to make sure they dont sit back, lose motivation, hunger etc., also I am sure the mentality of Haaland gave everyone a lift alongside his goals.

I would try to keep Gundo and Bernardo one more season.
I wasn’t really worried before the reports of Walker… now I’m a bit nervous. It’s loads of players

way too many rumours for liking about an exodus.

Mahrez, Bernardo, Gundo, Walker, Cancelo, Laporte, and potentially Gomez, Phillips too and Palmer on loan.Thats a third of the squad.

we do need an injection into the squad after a treble season to make sure they dont sit back, lose motivation, hunger etc., also I am sure the mentality of Haaland gave everyone a lift alongside his goals.

I would try to keep Gundo and Bernardo one more season.
I agree that losing too many could be difficult for us and also gundo and Bernardo staying is a priority if we can make it happen- but on the flip side it’s only those two who actually started in our 3 biggest games this year. Everyone else linked with moving didn’t play. He’s not fancied walker in some of the biggest games this year as he’s obviously enamoured with stones into midfield from rb and a back 3 agree . the others I’m not sure it’s bad we are looking to ship them on as they are either at the end of their life cycle or want to leave

I wasn’t really worried before the reports of Walker… now I’m a bit nervous. It’s loads of players
It's almost as if football reporters had nothing else to report on but still had to generate copy to justify their positions...

Our recent transfer summers would indicate that we allow some players to leave when we reckon we've wrung enough out of them (Laporte), we occasionally extend one who might just be on the edge of decline (Gundogan), and we offload some who are on the periphery but not deemed integral (Gomez). The outlier this summer might be Bernardo, but if his heart is set on Iberia and the only offer is from Paris, then he may yet stay. Walker's speed is irreplaceable and he's been even faster since Guardiola kicked his thick Yorkshire hide. :-)

We definitely need to bring a lot in this summer regardless of who leaves this summer. Let's be honest, if Gundo, Bernardo, Walker, Mahrez, etc, don't leave this summer, they're probably leaving next summer anyway (hopefully it's staggered rather than all leaving in one summer). Always good to have the replacements in already. I'd be surprised to see Walker leave this summer though. He doesn't have to play every week. Still managed 39 appearances this year and shone in the big games, especially against the likes of Vinicius Jr.

We've had an amazing year and it wouldn't be unheard of for us to drop off a bit next year anyway. Hopefully not, but there's a reason why no-one has ever won 4 in a row.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.