Summer Shopping List??

-I think we need a left back to rotate with Kolarov, Kolarov does look quality at times next season he will be fine.

-We need a left winger, Milner is ok there but he's better in the centre.

-If Toure isnt coming back I dont think Lescott is good enough and I'm not sure Boyata is ready to play every game yet so a centre back would be needed.

-If Tevez leaves then we're going to need a striker

-I would say a creative midfielder but If we buy a left winger then Milner could be that midfielder.

It's a long list I know but I personally think thats what it will take.

Personlly i would if Tevez went to inter as is rumoured we should try and swap him for Eto'o and Lucio as we are a very young side and could do with experianced players, and we hardly need money from a tevez deal.

I still firmly maintain the idea that the players we have bought already, for a massive amount of money, ought to be well enough to achieve our goals of a top four placement and a potential cup title.

So, the way I see it, we really only need one signing, and that's Martin O'Neill. He'd of course have the chance to shape his staff as he wanted to, and if he wanted a player or two I'm sure he would not be going for £40m mega stars who end up not giving a damn about the club.

Aww man, you beat me to post that on this topic. :)

Only i didnt really have O'Neill in mind, but at this point of time i would prefer Simon Cowell being our manager than Mancini.

Matt the Giant said:
I still firmly maintain the idea that the players we have bought already, for a massive amount of money, ought to be well enough to achieve our goals of a top four placement and a potential cup title.

So, the way I see it, we really only need one signing, and that's Martin O'Neill. He'd of course have the chance to shape his staff as he wanted to, and if he wanted a player or two I'm sure he would not be going for £40m mega stars who end up not giving a damn about the club.

Ahhaha, Martin O'Neill!!!!? :D

Even Villa fans didin't like him. Played some bad football but also his signing....

Wasted money on players like Sidwell.

Maybe he did make a bad purchase or two... but that's not a unique character to him is it?
Even so, he did one heck of a job at Villa, having a mediocre squad year after year performing way above the expectations. I want him for our next manager becasue I think he can bring the squad together, and have them all push in the right direction.
He saw what he needed to do with Villa's squad in order to get points, thus sometimes a less than attractive playing style. But again, that's not a unique character is it? He came up with efficient tactics which took them further than anyone could ever have asked for. I'm sure he was just waiting for some transfer money to come in so he could finally make that last jump into top four-six contention, and was promised this by his chairman. Of course promises were not kept and he chose to leave. That tells me he has integrity and pride as well.

With our existing squad I am 100% sure he would without doubt give us a rather comfortable top three position, especially considering the relatively poor seasons the other teams have had, and if I'm not mistaken he usually had very good cup-runs.

He would never let players dictate his management and would never make compromises just to keep a certain "star" happy. In dealing with potential transfer players, he would look for quality and potential while Mancini seems to focus on names and reputation.

Oh, and not entirely irrelevant; - he is the best manager I have seen for many years when it comes to pre- and post match interviews, quite the contrary to what we have now.

I think he could unite the squad and turn it into a massive force to be reckoned with, - which is what we had the right to expect a year ago!

Matt the Giant said:
Maybe he did make a bad purchase or two... but that's not a unique character to him is it?
Even so, he did one heck of a job at Villa, having a mediocre squad year after year performing way above the expectations. I want him for our next manager becasue I think he can bring the squad together, and have them all push in the right direction.
He saw what he needed to do with Villa's squad in order to get points, thus sometimes a less than attractive playing style. But again, that's not a unique character is it? He came up with efficient tactics which took them further than anyone could ever have asked for. I'm sure he was just waiting for some transfer money to come in so he could finally make that last jump into top four-six contention, and was promised this by his chairman. Of course promises were not kept and he chose to leave. That tells me he has integrity and pride as well.

With our existing squad I am 100% sure he would without doubt give us a rather comfortable top three position, especially considering the relatively poor seasons the other teams have had, and if I'm not mistaken he usually had very good cup-runs.

He would never let players dictate his management and would never make compromises just to keep a certain "star" happy. In dealing with potential transfer players, he would look for quality and potential while Mancini seems to focus on names and reputation.

Oh, and not entirely irrelevant; - he is the best manager I have seen for many years when it comes to pre- and post match interviews, quite the contrary to what we have now.

I think he could unite the squad and turn it into a massive force to be reckoned with, - which is what we had the right to expect a year ago!
He doesn't have the class to attract top talent. And City still needs a coach that can do that. Oneil is a guy who can wriggle good results out of an average team, which is frankly different from our expectations of competing with the best teams in the CL and for the league. This is frankly not Oniel's forte.

Top stars would not respect O'Neill and we'd have the same consistency problems. He's a decent manager but not even close to what we need.

If we're signing big money mercenaries we need a manager like Mourinho who will command respect from them. Sometimes the players seem to play for Mancini then other times they look like lazy mercenaries, the inconsistency is infuriating. We win, fans get excited, then we lose or draw. Then we draw. Then we win. And win again! Then we lose... and lose again. Then we win. And on it goes.

Dax777 said:
Matt the Giant said:

Exactly..if Mourinho for example was the coach...even if we wouldn't be in the CL...we could attract the best.

He doesn't have the class to attract top talent. And City still needs a coach that can do that. Oneil is a guy who can wriggle good results out of an average team, which is frankly different from our expectations of competing with the best teams in the CL and for the league. This is frankly not Oniel's forte.

You could very well be right Dax, and me having followed O'Neill for many years might have a slightly biased take on him. I however, as objectively as I possible can, think he would be up for it. He seems to be strong enough in his own beliefs to handle such a primadonna squad.
And what top talent do we really need to attract in order to win? Don't we already have a good enough squad? On paper it's the best in the PL by far, but out on the pitch is a different story all together.

Top stars would not respect O'Neill

Lovecity, - if this was true it would not be the manager who needed to be replaced, it would be the player. If any players feels he is too big of a star to respect his manager then that's very unfortunate and sad, and he should be sent away somewhere, or have his contract torn in pieces.

If we're signing big money mercenaries
Then let's stop doing so. I don't think the answer to our problems will ever be "spend even more money on new players".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.