Summer Shopping List??

Dax, your reply was indeed a long one, but I'll gladly say it was a very good one as well. I really appreciate you taking the time to write that, and you bring up a lot of good and valid points which makes me re-think a few of my initial ideas and conclusions.

Cheers mate!

Matt the Giant said:
Dax, your reply was indeed a long one, but I'll gladly say it was a very good one as well. I really appreciate you taking the time to write that, and you bring up a lot of good and valid points which makes me re-think a few of my initial ideas and conclusions.

Cheers mate!
Thanks mate! I figured if anyone would appreciate such a long thread, i'd be you :)

@ Fantasyireland: The response wasn't meant for you. When I want to get you attention, I'll open a new thread on say Sanchez :P

Having thought about some of the things Dax said above, in his modestly long post, I have come to some conclusions.

I think most of my reasoning regarding the future of our management and squad was based on some sort of dream, or vision I had for myself, a perfect world where our coaches were British and our squad was primarily based on the very best British players. I still think this would be awesome, but it's just not very realistic, I know that. Maybe my child-like passion blinded me and damaged my capability to stay rational.

I still am very disappointed with how the team have played this season, on occasions even extremely saddened, and I hate that and have a hard time forgiving the team for it. But... maybe the most rational thing to do is NOT to sack the management (even though I have no faith in them what so ever atm) and to change transfer policies.

I'll put a leech on my disappointment and criticism for the remainder of this season and will continue to support the team as usual, down to the last game.

BUT... if we loose the FA semi, and do not reach a top four position... well then trust me I will not be a happy camper and I will be expecting changes in the management.

Dax777"shall we just leave now and leave you two to it? jesus said:

Cheers mate!
Thanks mate! I figured if anyone would appreciate such a long thread, i'd be you :)

@ Fantasyireland: The response wasn't meant for you. When I want to get you attention, I'll open a new thread on say Sanchez :P[/quote]
<br /><br />-- 15 Apr 2011 09:11 --<br /><br />shall we all just leave you to alone? have i accidentally clicked on PlenyofFish.com?
don't trust anyone without a pic ........

20sbc07 said:
Dax777 said:
I cant believe an american is trying to give football advice.
Ill try to make it a little more simple for you seeing as you dont seem to understand the basics of football.

The players good enough for each position:

Leftback - Kolarov & Zab = No left back needed
Centre back - Kompany = Centre back needed

Left wing - No one = Left winger needed

Do you understand yet? or are you going to do the same as you do in every topic on here, just argue non stop with anyone and everyone because everyone is wrong and you are always right, "kid".

Now try to argue that we dont need a centre back, try and tell me that Lescott and boateng are actually good.

Try and tell me that Mancini and Mourinho are both wrong, kolarov sucks and we need someone else.
Kid here it is for you from an American.

Goalie: Hart (Backup: Given) If he leaves as threatened we need a backup
RB: Micah (Backup: Zab)
LB: Kolarov (Backup:?????) Just in case you missed it Zab is a natural RB and not LB. He is rightfooted, has a poor left foot cross. And while he can deputize at LB, he is NOT a natural LB. And if you claim he is, then we need a backup on the right. Which you have not explained.
CB: Kopany, Boateng, Boyatta, Kolo, and Lescott. That they are not good enoug is just an opinion of yours.
There is a common sense reason for wanting a LB: We don't have 2! There is no common sense reason for wanting a CB, as we have 5! Whether they are good enough or not is opinion.

Dax777 said:

LB: Kolarov (Backup:?????) Just in case you missed it Zab is a natural RB and not LB. He is rightfooted, has a poor left foot cross. And while he can deputize at LB, he is NOT a natural LB. And if you claim he is, then we need a backup on the right. Which you have not explained.
CB: Kopany, Boateng, Boyatta, Kolo, and Lescott. That they are not good enoug is just an opinion of yours.
There is a common sense reason for wanting a LB: We don't have 2! There is no common sense reason for wanting a CB, as we have 5! Whether they are good enough or not is opinion.

Exactly what i think too.

We are also short of wide players and attacking players. Because we got players like SWP and Jo. Who are pretty useless. And right now they are pretty much our only back-ups for Johnson, Silva etc...

So im expecting some big moves in the transfer market.
If he wants a CB, fine..it's for the managment to decide. But then we need to get rid of someone (probly Lescott and Kolo).

We have been linked with Gary Cahill, Daniel Carrico etc....

Coentrao is still expected to be heading for Bayern..and they will probly be after him in the summer. So we are facing competition from them.

If we dont get Coentrao..we might not find a better Lb than Kolarov and simply find someone to cover Kolarov.

Btw..if we would be after an Cb in the summer..i would love to get Mamadou Sakho.

Left-footed and he is regarded in PSG as a leader. He works hard and great tackles. Also good header, and very strong... Can also play left-back.

Just the kind of CB i think we need. Someone will get him this summer.

BlueCityfan said:
Dax777 said:

Exactly what i think too.

We are also short of wide players and attacking players. Because we got players like SWP and Jo. Who are pretty useless. And right now they are pretty much our only back-ups for Johnson, Silva etc...

So im expecting some big moves in the transfer market.
If he wants a CB, fine..it's for the managment to decide. But then we need to get rid of someone (probly Lescott and Kolo).

We have been linked with Gary Cahill, Daniel Carrico etc....

Coentrao is still expected to be heading for Bayern..and they will probly be after him in the summer. So we are facing competition from them.

If we dont get Coentrao..we might not find a better Lb than Kolarov and simply find someone to cover Kolarov.

Btw..if we would be after an Cb in the summer..i would love to get Mamadou Sakho.

Left-footed and he is regarded in PSG as a leader. He works hard and great tackles. Also good header, and very strong... Can also play left-back.

Just the kind of CB i think we need. Someone will get him this summer.
As a defender Sakho is top notch. But on the ball, I realy don't like his touch. It is heavy :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.