Summer Shopping List??

LoveCity said:
We might go in for Lukaku remember, his agent said we're a possibility but that he is just worried about getting no game time. If Tevez goes (and do we know for sure Balo will stay yet?) along with Adebayor and Jo, that means we could have Dzeko/Balo/Lukaku/Sanchez as our four forwards (Guidetti fifth choice if he doesn't walk out, and I wouldn't blame him if he does), with Sanchez of course also able to play as a winger if we want to play 4-4-2 or something.

there's rumors of cavanni in the paper today but at 50 mill sounds silly to me, i also think lakaku would only be an option if we sell balo but i would love to see guidetti given a chance next season he just looks fantastic and is a beast.

LoveCity said:
We might go in for Lukaku remember, his agent said we're a possibility but that he is just worried about getting no game time. If Tevez goes (and do we know for sure Balo will stay yet?) along with Adebayor and Jo, that means we could have Dzeko/Balo/Lukaku/Sanchez as our four forwards (Guidetti fifth choice if he doesn't walk out, and I wouldn't blame him if he does), with Sanchez of course also able to play as a winger if we want to play 4-4-2 or something.
My guess is that they are just using us as leverage to get a good deal with Chelsea. I believe Chelsea is looking at bring in Lukaku to partner Torres up top. One of Drogba or Anelka should be gone. With the other starting until Lukaku is ready. They are looking at VDW for RB and Josh McEachra to step up like Wislhere. IF Chelsea only has 2 targets, it is likely they'll get them. Lukakua and VDW. The new era is beginning over there. Essien, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Malouda, Anelka/Drogba, and Zhirkov should all be on the way out.

What is this going to mean for the gelling process if we get all these players. Id like to kick off the next season running<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:09 pm --<br /><br />What is this going to mean for the gelling process if we get all these players. Id like to kick off the next season running

2, maybe 3 players is all I want. I genuinely believe that yesterday was a turning point for Mario and he'll now start to come good. After a full pre season, Dzeko will be up there so I'm not too fussed if Tevez wants to go, his loss imo.

A fast winger or 2 to terrorise opponents on the wings who can also put in a good cross and a deep lying playmaker ala Xabi/Fabregas/Sneijder/Schweini

jjeangi said:
What is this going to mean for the gelling process if we get all these players. Id like to kick off the next season running

-- Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:09 pm --

What is this going to mean for the gelling process if we get all these players. Id like to kick off the next season running
To be honest, I think at most we will get 3 field players. And that is assuming we lose Tevez. If we don't lose Tevez, then probably 2 and and a backup Goalie if we lose Given. I am leaning towards believing the Sanchez as our main target rumor. I am hoping for Coentrao, but if Kolarov keeps improving defensively we would shelve that idea.

Based on our current squad I think Our weaknesses (in terms of being creative) lies in

Micah...Kompany...?.....?......
......De Jong...Yaya............
......?............?.........Silva......
.......Dzeko/Tevez/Balotelli

My belief is that Boyatta can win that CD position and become a ball playing CD, and short of that, Boateng may step up and we'll be set. But I have seen guys like Luis Gustavo, Shwarb, Thiago Silva, Lucio, Luiz, Carvahlo, Vermallen, Rio e.t.c. play that position with such an offense starting suave, that I froth at the mouth at the prospect of us having that type of CD. Kompany does it sometimes, but he looks like a DM doing it. WHen you have a CD that looks like and distributes like an AM from the back. It adds another dimension to your game entirely.

Kolarov on the other hand is poor going forward. Which makes us disjointed and ragged in our attack.

Also we seem to lack attacking players who are effective breaking players down. That is the dimension AJ is supposed to bring, but he is so inconsistent at it. He is good at the dribbling part, and he also has perfected the cut in run for a split pass. But every other aspect of his game seems lacking in some fndamental or the other. Wait he has a fantastic shot too. But everything else is meeh!

So to cover the dribbler role: Sanchez or hulk. Then we need perhaps another vision player. Sneidjer will be ideal in my opinion.

Jackson-ctid said:
2, maybe 3 players is all I want.

Problem is, think of the players who will be leaving:

1. Given
2. Bridge
3. Onuoha
4. Logan (probably)
5. SWP (maybe)
6. Bellamy
7. Vieira
8. Santa Cruz
9. Adebayor
10. Jo (maybe)
11. Caicedo
12. Tevez

An entire team quite possibly, and that is before final judgments are made on Kolarov, Boateng, Milner, and Balotelli (but likely to stay if Mancini does).

Since the barrage of loans in January, our squad has been very thin at times. Given that five of the players in the squad even after those (Given, SWP, Vieira, Jo, Tevez) are quite likely to leave, that would leave us even thinner.

Weiss, Assulin, and Michael Johnson could possibly fill three spots but after that we'd still need a fair few players to bulk up the squad. We can call on the EDS/youth but there aren't that many beyond Weiss/Johnson/Assulin and Boyata who might be ready even for second string competitions. Wabara, Guidetti, and Nimely maybe but if we have to call on these in the league during an injury crisis...

jjeangi said:

-- Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:09 pm --

if we are agreeing deals already then hopefully they can be in early july giving them a month and a half to start settling before the start of the season

LoveCity said:
Jackson-ctid said:

1. Given
2. Bridge
3. Onuoha
4. Logan (probably)
5. SWP (maybe)
6. Bellamy
7. Vieira
8. Santa Cruz
9. Adebayor
10. Jo (maybe)
11. Caicedo
12. Tevez

An entire team quite possibly, and that is before final judgments are made on Kolarov, Boateng, Milner, and Balotelli (but likely to stay if Mancini does).

Since the barrage of loans in January, our squad has been very thin at times. Given that five of the players in the squad even after those (Given, SWP, Vieira, Jo, Tevez) are quite likely to leave, that would leave us even thinner.

Weiss, Assulin, and Michael Johnson could possibly fill three spots but after that we'd still need a fair few players to bulk up the squad. We can call on the EDS/youth but there aren't that many beyond Weiss/Johnson/Assulin and Boyata who might be ready even for second string competitions. Wabara, Guidetti, and Nimely maybe but if we have to call on these in the league during an injury crisis...
The guys in red don't really count, since they weren't here for the second part of the season anway. So really we are losing 5 players, who have really contributed at the most.

Assuming we lose all 5, this will be our contributing squad.
Hart
Micah
Zab
Kolarov
Komps
Boateng
Lescott
Boyatta
Kolo (maybe)
De Jong
Yaya
Barry
Milner
Balotelli
Dzeko
Silva
Adam Johnson

That is 17 guys, if you add 3 new very Sanchez. Sneidjer and Coentrao (you have 20) Plus MJ and Assulin you have 22. A backup keeper 23. That is a strong squad. Sure we could be better talent wise, but to ensure chemistry, This will be Ideal I believe.

LoveCity said:
Jackson-ctid said:

1. Given
2. Bridge
3. Onuoha
4. Logan (probably)
5. SWP (maybe)
6. Bellamy
7. Vieira
8. Santa Cruz
9. Adebayor
10. Jo (maybe)
11. Caicedo
12. Tevez

Tevez is the only first team player in that list, so we'll sign another quality striker, preferably an older player with a bit of experience and not someone for the future, someone who will adapt quickly and fit in easily but won't demand to be the centre of attention or throw a hissy fit when he's left on the bench... Forlan, Milito, Anelka.

We have enough strength in depth not to have to worry about backup players, Milner and Barry will both likely become backups, a backup keeper wouldn't be too hard to come by, there's also a few younger players out there who wouldn't object to sitting on the bench in the PL and getting a match every now and then(it's how Fabregas got where he is), Munian, Bojan, Thiago, Gotze, Canales, Santon.

As for first team players, I think we should be looking at Mata, Sanchez, Sneijder, V de Wiel, Coentrao, Schweinstiger, Kaka, Aguero, Pato, Muller and Hulk.

No need to worry about gelling. No world cup = Good pre-season.

Hopefully we can get these deals done early in the transfer market.

Not many starters needed. Only maybe 2-4 starters.

Like Coentrao, Mata (or another winger), Sanchez, (Maybe a new Centre back).

Then maybe a squad player or 2. Hopefully the scouts have spotted some english/foreign youngsters. So we can add to the squad some future prospects.

Liverpool have many...like Flanagan, Robinson, Shelvey...as you see. With the latter being shit IMO. :D

Abd btw..i dont think MJ will come good anymore and i dont think Assulin is a good prospect either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.