Summer Transfer Window

It seems we have two players lined up to replace Garcia and Rodwell ( Fernando & Zuclini )

Lescott contract will expire, which will mean we need to replace him ( I think we can do better than splashing +30 mill on Mangala)

Other than that I don't see the need to buy unless a World Class player becomes available because its really hard to improve this squad.

I would be very surprised if we sold/released anyone that isn't already surplus to requirements. So people saying sell Clichy etc are wrong imo.

This summer will be about strengthening regardless of what we end up doing this season not cutting up the team.

Something that I would love to see is us signing an out and out winger on the left. Someone like Navas, doesn't have to be as good as Rues or expensive but a good option.
So
LW
CM (only after selling Garcia, Rodwell)
CB
RB (obviously only if we sell Micah, I personally don't mind waiting for him to get his form back, but then it might never happen)

Would love to see someone like Shaw comein and sell probably Clichy (he has started looking better recently though).

A top CB (like Mangala). If it's true that we already got Fernando. Then he can replace Garcia....and maybe another cm in to replace Rodwell unless Zuculini is ready.

That's it. Unless Dzeko is sold then another forward/attacking midfielder and if Richards goes then another RB.

Zuculini and Fernando for something like 2 Million quid combined is amazing business (if the precontract news is legit).

Would release the rest of our summer budget towards

Top Class CB to partner Vinny- Mangala?

RB Cover for Zabba- much needed we have to realise we can't rely on Micah to be reliable cover with his injury situation and tbh he is not the best fit for our system

Maybe an upgrade on Clichy although he played well the last game. (Not as much of a concern as the other areas)

Need to consider our homegrown quota and have a look at some English talent too if possible

Need to keep an eye on the homegrown numbers.

8 nationally trained players in the PL is going to be difficult (with at least two expected to go out in Lescott & Boyata there is very little chance that Richards, Clichy or Rodwell will be allowed to leave).

I don't know where we can get to 25 in the CL with the 4 club trained plus 4 nationally trained requirement. We only have 24 in our squad this season as we could only name Richards, Boyata & Johansen as club trained (over 21) this time.

A British 2nd (& 3rd) string keeper would help in the PL but wouldn't make a great deal of difference for the CL. We may have to name 22 and use List B players in emergencies.

Lopes doesn't qualify as a List B player this season and Rekik didn't qualify last season.

I'm not sure if that changes next year (I think it is club trained for 3 years between ages of 15 and 21).

PSG want Clichy and are set to offer 20m according to recent reports.
Napoli want Garcia and will offer 8m
Rodwell being eyed by some clubs...we could get 8m
Micah Liverpool want him....we should be able to get 14m
I wonder how much we would get from Dortmund for Edin 23m ?
Sinclair should fetch 2-3m and Giudetti 5m
Add the money we was going to spend in January 40m
120m to spend .......
Fernando for free
Still 120m to spend :)

We have the money saved from paying wages to Lescott and Barry

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.