Summer Transfers

mgreenz97 said:
This summer will go one of two ways.
Massive overhaul with 5+ players coming, 5+ going.
Or we'll sell one or two and sign one or two.
The latter is what I'm afraid of, because the attitude of some players simply must change by the end of the season, or they must be shown the door. Obviously the first player who springs to mind is Nasri. He's a very talented player, and at times he's literally better than Silva. But very often he ends up like Sinclair, he's just too lazy.
I don't mind Dzeko being lazy because he always has been, it's not a new thing, that's the type of player he is. Like slightly lazier Mario Gomez. Laziness is somewhat forgivable for a striker, NOT a midfielder.
I beg to differ. The lack of pressing, particularly from Dzeko, was the reason why we struggled to deal with Liverpool. And so what if he's a striker, laziness shouldn't be condone anywhere.

Isn't laziness the reason why most of us were calling for Adebadbuy's head?
Wasn't laziness one of the reasons people brought up against Balotelli?
And now there are even people screaming Tevez is lazy - something I'm absolutely shocked by.

Akira said:
mgreenz97 said:
This summer will go one of two ways.
Massive overhaul with 5+ players coming, 5+ going.
Or we'll sell one or two and sign one or two.
The latter is what I'm afraid of, because the attitude of some players simply must change by the end of the season, or they must be shown the door. Obviously the first player who springs to mind is Nasri. He's a very talented player, and at times he's literally better than Silva. But very often he ends up like Sinclair, he's just too lazy.
I don't mind Dzeko being lazy because he always has been, it's not a new thing, that's the type of player he is. Like slightly lazier Mario Gomez. Laziness is somewhat forgivable for a striker, NOT a midfielder.
I beg to differ. The lack of pressing, particularly from Dzeko, was the reason why we struggled to deal with Liverpool. And so what if he's a striker, laziness shouldn't be condone anywhere.

Isn't laziness the reason why most of us were calling for Adebadbuy's head?
Wasn't laziness one of the reasons people brought up against Balotelli?
And now there are even people screaming Tevez is lazy - something I'm absolutely shocked by.

Dzeko hasn't changed since he got to City. He's always been this way yet not one has been calling for his head in the past. The problem is the laziness in midfield. Dzeko could run his arse of every game and it's make no difference because he's slow and even if he does win the ball he can't do anything with it, because he's a shit dribbler.

Surprised no one has brought up Keisuke Honda.
He's a very good player, fantastic left boot, great at free kicks/corners.
He'd make the club a lot of money from shirt sale because half of Japan will want a Honda shirt all of a sudden.

But here's the best bit. He's available for free this summer.
We can't go wrong with getting a player like him for nothing, his wage demands wouldn't be any more than 100k p/w, and the money from shirt sale would just about pay his wage itself.

I'll be disappointed if he joins another club for free.

mgreenz97 said:
He'd make the club a lot of money from shirt sale because half of Japan will want a Honda shirt all of a sudden.

We can't go wrong with getting a player like him for nothing, his wage demands wouldn't be any more than 100k p/w, and the money from shirt sale would just about pay his wage itself.

What's he like work rate wise a ''creative type that does not bother with D'' or has a well all round game?

Out:

Maicon
Lescott
Kolarov
Rodwell
Sinclair
Nasri
Tevez
Dzeko

(Kolo is expiring anyway)

In:

Not sure but uninspired by some of the names mentioned already.
I'd be reluctant to spend all the budget on 1 player in Cavani, however, that's a better strategy than wasting the money on squad players not of the right level.

coulsonblue said:
Out:

Maicon
Lescott
Kolarov
Rodwell
Sinclair
Nasri
Tevez
Dzeko

(Kolo is expiring anyway)

In:

Not sure but uninspired by some of the names mentioned already.
I'd be reluctant to spend all the budget on 1 player in Cavani, however, that's a better strategy than wasting the money on squad players not of the right level.

Would you rather Rodwell, Sinclair, maicon, and Garcia or bale?

AntiUnited said:
mgreenz97 said:

What's he like work rate wise a ''creative type that does not bother with D'' or has a well all round game?

I've only watched him in a few internationals when I was doing a bit of scouting of Kagawa just before he joined united.
Honda was very impressive for me. He worked hard, tracked back, constantly switched flanks and was very good at working from the wing to the middle and back. He's fairly quick, a great dribble and passer, and his left foot is one to rival Kolarov's. His free kicks are sublime, as are his crosses from open play or corners. I think I may have actually developed a man crush.
I'd be happy for Mancini to spend 10/15m on him, so free is an absolutely ridiculously good deal.

mgreenz97 said:
AntiUnited said:
mgreenz97 said:

I've only watched him in a few internationals when I was doing a bit of scouting of Kagawa just before he joined united.
Honda was very impressive for me. He worked hard, tracked back, constantly switched flanks and was very good at working from the wing to the middle and back. He's fairly quick, a great dribble and passer, and his left foot is one to rival Kolarov's. His free kicks are sublime, as are his crosses from open play or corners. I think I may have actually developed a man crush.
I'd be happy for Mancini to spend 10/15m on him, so free is an absolutely ridiculously good deal.

how old and is he naturally fast or like a silva slow and deliberate ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.