Summer Transfers

The Defense has to be a priority in the summer.

It really makes the difference in the league. The Centurion season we had the best defense in the league. Last season in the final stretch, Kompany came back and with Laporte they were a big wall. Kompany doesn’t play those games we don’t win the league.

Our defense needs a lot of work. We need to bring in a partner for Laporte. Stones and Otamendi are nowhere near good enough. Then we need another leftback preferably one better than Mendy, that way Mendy will either improve or we’ll have a great back up. The right side is fine. Walker and Cancelo is a great balanced combination. One defensive, one offensive, Cancelo just needs to find his best form.

The most important move is bringing in a top quality partner for Laporte.

The bigger news , is what the powers at be are planning on unveiling ,subject to us winning in court !! Let’s just say good things come in 3s. What a boost we will have.

Thats IF we win in court - there will be a lot of underhand dealings and I dont trust UEFA one bit - the innocent aren't always found innocent and the guilty often get away with it

I wonder what the contingency is IF we dont win - that is worrying

Of course they are going to say that, thats how negotiations work.

I would accept 35m yeah, otherwise its 0m in 12mths and we have spent millions on his wages for him to sit in the stands. Its far more embarassing to have Sane in the stands then to take 35m and reinvest it in the squad. As I said though, its a pointless argument because it wont be that price.

This will be my last comment on this because I dont want to get into a long winded debate. After all it's just 2 opposite opinions.
If €35m is the top offer, theres no way in hell we should accept that. Sane should be told that transfer isnt acceptable he has 3 choices,
1) sign a new contract, enjoy playing with your world class, modest, teammates. Under the best coach in world football. (Hardly a shit deal)
2) we are going to offer you to clubs who are willing to be reasonable after all, you signed a contract with us and to terminate it we need to be happy with the finances.
3) if you refuse 1 & 2, we have been reasonable. You and bayern have tried to take piss. You can play 1st team if you are happy, if you reduce moral you train on your own and play reserve football.

Anything else but the above risks €35m on a single transfer, yes, but stops the risk of 100s of £m going forward. Once clubs and players see your pants being pulled down it's easily thought we are a soft touch all the time.

The bigger news , is what the powers at be are planning on unveiling ,subject to us winning in court !! Let’s just say good things come in 3s. What a boost we will have.

Are we talking off the field things here or signings ?

There doesn’t seem like there’s any concrete interest in players of yet. Pretty clear there’s other outside factors but there’s very very little links to players. I wonder who we are legitimately considering moving for.

There doesn’t seem like there’s any concrete interest in players of yet. Pretty clear there’s other outside factors but there’s very very little links to players. I wonder who we are legitimately considering moving for.
Aouar has been strongly linked, but thats about it

I hope its not true.

Its like :

Pep : Txiki, get me Walker Danilo
Txiki : Ok Pep, we spent 50m on Walker and 30m on the back up RB Danilo
Pep: Thanks Txiki

next season

Pep: Txiki , I need Cancelo
Txiki: here you go Pep, we gave Juventus another 30m + Danilo to bring the wanted one Cancelo to you

next season

Pep: Txiki , Bring Semedo and sell Cancelo

Txiki: Are you sure this time Pep ?

I like Pep and appreciate what he is doing, but some of his transfers decisions are total waste of the club resources.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.