Summer Transfers

Stones is signing a new contract. Zin and Gundo are going nowhere and Otamendi is quite happy to sit tight and run his deal down next year and then move back to Spain or Argentina.

The transfer window is so tight this year, makes outgoings for us extremely problematic.

Funny is it not but while on the pitch Zincy Gundo and Ota actually played quite well for their ability this season, but i do think Zincy will be put up for sale again i can see a lot of German clubs liking what they see, Gundo it will be his choice but Italians love a aging quality bargain, and Ota i think we will pay him off as it is easy to find a cheaper, better, English, long term back up for laporte

Wouldn’t so much say liability’s but they are defiantly the weaknesses in our squad which have been exploited time and time again with the defenders in that list . gundogan is a very good holding midfielder on his own there but we have rodri who will play there so wouldn’t bother me if he went, Would love stones to reach his potential because he has all the talent, but the lad has too much going on in his personal life which has distracted him , I just feel he can be weak and there’s always a mistake in him . If stones and otamendi are playing in a back 3 next season we will struggle for top 4. We’re are 22 points behind Liverpool, As much as I hate saying it ,there back 4 is miles better than ours they have the 2 best full backs in the league , best cb and tbh there back ups gomes and matip are just as good as ota and stones . Our whole back line apart from Laporte needs serious investment to get close to the scousers 22 points is massive and A massive overhaul is needed and if them names above stay I kind of agree , might aswell forget next season !

Finally some sense here!! I agree with every word.

We need to improve now, not in 5 years. Like you said Liverpool’s defense is very very strong. Their back 4 is one of the best in the world. Even Gomez is a top top prospect.

We need major improvements if we want to catch them, not stick with a declining Otamendi and unreliable Stones.

I just don’t understand why we don’t go for Koulibaly.

Even worse when I see Liverpool linked with him. That would be a disaster for us. The league would be over immediately with that signing.

Koulibaly is world class and even outshined Van Dijk last time they played. He has absolutely everything, pace, strength, great on the ball. He’s in his prime and still has years left. He speaks French like Laporte and would be the perfect partner for him.

I know we usually target younger players but sometimes a change is needed. Yes he’s expensive but he’s worth it. If we only signed him this summer I would be ecstatic.

Koulibaly would have a Van Dijk like impact on us and we would be true favorites for the Champions League not just favorites with the bookies like every year.

I have heard we are going gong ho for defenders and rightly so we have to. As much i trust our directors they are not so much successful buying defenders even back during the days of barcelona. We have spend so much on Mangala, Cancelo, Danilo, Stones, even Mendy who gave us very very less return. Walker is a good signing. So to reduce the risk i think we should go for premier league proven defenders.
I was devastated that we let Van dijk go but fair enough for us we got laporte. I was also not happy seing Harry Maguire go United. Now we dont have decent defenders in lower teams who can come straight in our starting eleven. Stones and otamendy are not reliable. Neither is Cancelo. At least 2 CB and one full back is needed.

Last edited:
Dream In:

Aouar
Oyazerabel
Dias
The young french left back

Out:
Otamendi
Zinchenko
Silva
Sane

Reality:
Sane and David going. Otamendi sitting on his contract and City just going ahead with our current CBs. And not replacing Sane.
And if we do this, I can’t see anything other than second place at best next year because that’s a serious downgrade on our title winning seasons.

We need to improve now, not in 5 years. Like you said Liverpool’s defense is very very strong. Their back 4 is one of the best in the world. Even Gomez is a top top prospect.

We need major improvements if we want to catch them, not stick with a declining Otamendi and unreliable Stones.

Even worse when I see Liverpool linked with him. That would be a disaster for us. The league would be over immediately with that signing.

Koulibaly is world class and even outshined Van Dijk last time they played. He has absolutely everything, pace, strength, great on the ball. He’s in his prime and still has years left. He speaks French like Laporte and would be the perfect partner for him.

I know we usually target younger players but sometimes a change is needed. Yes he’s expensive but he’s worth it. If we only signed him this summer I would be ecstatic.

Koulibaly would have a Van Dijk like impact on us and we would be true favorites for the Champions League not just favorites with the bookies like every year.
Sorry your second paragraph is cobblers liverpool do not play with a back 4, they have no midfield, perhaps you aught to check out goals conceded per game in all comps last season and this compared to liverpools, but just as important name this back 4 world beaters?
Our poor season is down to 4 first team players ( depending on who you think is a first team player ) out injured in every game this season, of course we need to improve but we have 1 first team player leaving Sane and we will replace him, it is improving the quality of our b team to a point they challenge the a team we will do this summer

Koulibaly won't be signing because there's no chance of a decent resale value if things don't work out. The Mahrez signing was a little strange deviation from the norm in that respect from us but even he was a little younger than Koulibaly.

Koulibaly won't be signing because there's no chance of a decent resale value if things don't work out. The Mahrez signing was a little strange deviation from the norm in that respect from us but even he was a little younger than Koulibaly.

When did we ever buy a player for resale value??

Anyway, it would be a surprise if signing one of the best players in the world in his position wouldn’t work out.

Sorry your second paragraph is cobblers liverpool do not play with a back 4, they have no midfield, perhaps you aught to check out goals conceded per game in all comps last season and this compared to liverpools, but just as important name this back 4 world beaters?
Our poor season is down to 4 first team players ( depending on who you think is a first team player ) out injured in every game this season, of course we need to improve but we have 1 first team player leaving Sane and we will replace him, it is improving the quality of our b team to a point they challenge the a team we will do this summer

No midfield ? So whats Fabinho milner Henderson ? Not world beaters ? Whats Van Dijk Robertson Trent ? Are you saying they dont play 4 at the back ?

No midfield ? So whats Fabinho milner Henderson ? Not world beaters ? Whats Van Dijk Robertson Trent ? Are you saying they dont play 4 at the back ?
They are all defensive / defensively minded Midfielders. They never play with oxlade and Keita together.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.