Summer Transfers

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by salfordbluetrue, 5 Apr 2020.

1. BJL_City

BJL_City

Another year of Gundo, Stones, Ota and Zin makes all other signings and next season pointless, might as well fast forward a year because we aren't catching the Dippers with these liabilities in the squad, in fact the opposite.

2. Ezzy

Ezzy

Team supported:
    Man City
    Semedo is exactly the same type of full-back as Walker. Zinchenko not being fast is fine, that's not the problem with him. He Can't stay out wide like a full back if our play demands it(like when we can't go thru the middle) and of course he's also not a natural defender.

Cancelo Is the prototype of full-backs that Pep wants, the Dani Alves type. Cancelo just has to learn to play that Inverted Role, and once he does, he has the exact skill set required to succeed as a Pep Full-Back.

But of course it's not easy, especially when the team is so unbalanced and fragile.

tolmie's hairdoo likes this.
  3. Larry Stranger

Larry Stranger

Yes I don't mind if we kept Cancelo. He's probably the best on the ball, has speed to get back and just needs to learn how Pep wants him to play. I feel at times he just wanted to get forward when he wasn't supposed to and didn't have chemistry playing with the players yet. Have to disagree with Semedo. He's better than Walker on the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Bpughh

Bpughh

Calling those players "liabilities" is one of the most ridiculous things I've read all week.

oldius, blueparrot and FCBarca like this.
  5. richards30

richards30

We need a top CB and a top LB in imo to keep pace with the dippers. Semedo for cancelo would be fine as well. Aouar in would mean gundogan drops to Rodri understudy which would suit him better and then we could grab some young project signings. Failure to significantly improve the defence again would be utterly brainless and we can’t rely on Eric staying injury free all season and Mendy can break at any point. Wide and up top is all good for the coming season but Almada would be nice! Personally would like:

semedo
    Upamecano
    Theo Hernandez
    aouar
    Almada

surely we potentially have players that Milan would be interested in to bring the Theo price down?. Can’t see the dippers spending in the window to be honest so we need if possible to respond and improve defensively!

6. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

I think this pile of schizophrenic BS speaks for itself

7. 93.20blue

93.20blue

Team supported:
    City
    Wouldn’t so much say liability’s but they are defiantly the weaknesses in our squad which have been exploited time and time again with the defenders in that list . gundogan is a very good holding midfielder on his own there but we have rodri who will play there so wouldn’t bother me if he went, Would love stones to reach his potential because he has all the talent, but the lad has too much going on in his personal life which has distracted him , I just feel he can be weak and there’s always a mistake in him . If stones and otamendi are playing in a back 3 next season we will struggle for top 4. We’re are 22 points behind Liverpool, As much as I hate saying it ,there back 4 is miles better than ours they have the 2 best full backs in the league , best cb and tbh there back ups gomes and matip are just as good as ota and stones . Our whole back line apart from Laporte needs serious investment to get close to the scousers 22 points is massive and A massive overhaul is needed and if them names above stay I kind of agree , might aswell forget next season !

Semper aggressus and simon23 like this.
  8. richards30

richards30

lol! Busted!

9. simon23

simon23

Team supported:
    ManCity
    Agree with lots of that

Gundo is just not needed - nowhere near as good creatively as the other options and I think his defensive side is very weak.

Otto - should have gone a year ago

Zinchenko - feel sorry for this lad as he would get into 2/3's of the premierships first teams in his natural position but with the likes of Silvas x 2 KDB and Foden will he get his chance - maybe with David leaving Pep might look at playing Zinchenko further forward and keep him - he has earnt his chance but having rarely seen him there would he be good enough???

10. salfordbluetrue

salfordbluetrue

You might be new on here but you have done your homework, it is not just about money players need a career path :)

OliMCFC likes this.