Summer Transfers

Bit strange that when you consider Pep bought Walker for a big price? Trent has a good cross and free kick but Walker has the pace needed when you play with a high back line and only 1 DM

Trent seems fairly quick to me no point a full back getting forward if he won’t cross or cut inside walker crossing is infuriating so often rubbish yet he is very capable walker should be providing more assists than he is Trent is younger and basically consider the best in the league does not matter what we paid for walker would Liverpool have sold ? Who would you rather have ? People have even talked of Trent playing as winger or midfielder

Great post. Not a single thing that’s difficult to argue with. It’s this exact thinking why I hope/wish City move for Ruben Dias. But the lack of concrete links of late make it seem unlikely.

plenty of links but they are now a long time ago

Bit strange that when you consider Pep bought Walker for a big price? Trent has a good cross and free kick but Walker has the pace needed when you play with a high back line and only 1 DM

I would say the best back four would be Robertson Laporte Van Dijk Trent what would you say is the bets combined back four ?

if Liverpool’s back four is not world class whose is ? Why are Robertson Trent and Van Dijk often considered the best in the league ? Why have they won the league and champions league why is Van Dijk considers the best defender in the world think Trent and Robertson might have one spots in left and rb UEFA team of the year last year

Thought i would drag you back in to the thread:)
I would go for Upamecano Pep just does not seem to be interested in the big strong CB Konte and Millenkovic, Upamecano does have good mobility, and experience but most of all though he is right footed but comfortable on the left and right, like Rodon, bit strange really because i think we will go for Dias
It's just opinions. I just don't think Upamecano is as good as everyone makes him out to be. I don't think he's as fast or dominant in the air from what I've watched of him. He got beaten out for pace quite easily by Lucas Moura (although Moura is quick). I think his ball handling skills is more dribbling rather than passing. I could be wrong, I just don't see it.
I wouldn't say Pep is totally against a big, strong CB. We were interested in Maguire, but felt he was overpriced. There are times where we face teams like Burnley with Chis Wood or Watford with Troy Deeney where we need a physical presence. Even against Real Madrid he initially went with Otamendi over Dinho (until Laporte had to go out injured) because of Benzema's presence. Pep has mentioned in the past before where he played both Kompany and Otamendi against physical teams. It's just that if we buy a CB like that he still has to have the overall skills on and off the ball. I think someone like Soyuncu would be like that, but I doubt Leicester would sell especially this summer.

Last edited:
I would say the best back four would be Robertson Laporte Van Dijk Trent what would you say is the bets combined back four ?

if Liverpool’s back four is not world class whose is ? Why are Robertson Trent and Van Dijk often considered the best in the league ? Why have they won the league and champions league why is Van Dijk considers the best defender in the world think Trent and Robertson might have one spots in left and rb UEFA team of the year last year
IMO it's kind of pointless to be arguing about this. There are obviously going to be better fullbacks that defend and ones that attack. It just shows that it's a team effort and systems help players. Liverpool's front 3 do so much pressing from the front that it helps the back line and midfielders as well.

Still think we need 2 cbs.
Eddie steffan/muric
Walker Coates
Mendy angelino
Koulibaly stones Garcia £70m
Laporte tah £25m
Rodri ferna camavinga £40m
Kdb bernado
Foden aouar £40m
Werner
thuram braaf £75m
Sterling mahrez
Kun jesus isak £30m

£280ish

Bravo, cancelo, nico, zinchenko, gundogan, silva, Robert's, aleix garcia, harrison, tosin, probably 2/3 more loanees/youth. £150ish

£130m net outlay
and players in place for kun, ferna and d.silva. we can then start putting Eds in. Stones and koulibaly out thb Garcia in. Kdb out doyle in. Kun out Roger's in. Unless a player wants out or doesnt work out there would be no rush buys/emergency buys as the squad is young, hungry, no bad traits as pep will have taught them all before being "experienced".

Just my view as I understand ppl think money cant be spent. But there are a lot of players coming to an end or taking a spot up.

Still think we need 2 cbs.
Eddie steffan/muric
Walker Coates
Mendy angelino
Koulibaly stones Garcia £70m
Laporte tah £25m
Rodri ferna camavinga £40m
Kdb bernado
Foden aouar £40m
Werner
thuram braaf £75m
Sterling mahrez
Kun jesus isak £30m

£280ish

Bravo, cancelo, nico, zinchenko, gundogan, silva, Robert's, aleix garcia, harrison, tosin, probably 2/3 more loanees/youth. £150ish

£130m net outlay
and players in place for kun, ferna and d.silva. we can then start putting Eds in. Stones and koulibaly out thb Garcia in. Kdb out doyle in. Kun out Roger's in. Unless a player wants out or doesnt work out there would be no rush buys/emergency buys as the squad is young, hungry, no bad traits as pep will have taught them all before being "experienced".

Just my view as I understand ppl think money cant be spent. But there are a lot of players coming to an end or taking a spot up.
Even if we spent £130 mill net , we won’t nearer £30 mill in the new climate , you have about 19 non homegrown players there.

Under21 dont count

Aye but squad planning wise gotta think long term about which foreign players will and won't be leaving as well as keeping spots open for the next window including departures. Need more HG talent generally in the squad and not just academy lads who'll get about 5 minutes to make up the numbers

Aye but squad planning wise gotta think long term about which foreign players will and won't be leaving as well as keeping spots open for the next window including departures. Need more HG talent generally in the squad and not just academy lads who'll get about 5 minutes to make up the numbers
I agree mate. Walker and stones leave replaced by hg players. Kun & ferna leave theres another slot. With angelino, raz, foden, garcia, doyle, braaf, thb, camavinga, etc we look good going forward and that's without bringing anyone in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.