Summer Transfers

At what point do you say get f@cked though? €35m, €20m €10m? If they saw your though process why off more than 10m? You look at it as if there is nothing we can do, he wants bayern, bayern want him so let's take what we are offered. I look at it as he is our player, so if they dont meet our valuation be it £100m or 20p neither player or bayern have a say in it. €35m is an insult, any top club would take sane for £30m with a high sell on clause. If sane refuses to leave he doesnt play, he doesnt go to the euros and he doesnt play adult football for ove 2 years. No club or player should insult us or strong arm us. We are not some plucky team desperate to get 20% of what someones worth to balance the books. If we make a stand it sends a message if we dont we look weak.
That cut off is decided by Soriano based on club finances and what we want to spend on the squad, based on projected losses from covid.
Whatever he decides is fine by me he has a better idea of our club budget than me. Whatever we’ll be fine.

At what point do you say get f@cked though? €35m, €20m €10m? If they saw your though process why off more than 10m? You look at it as if there is nothing we can do, he wants bayern, bayern want him so let's take what we are offered. I look at it as he is our player, so if they dont meet our valuation be it £100m or 20p neither player or bayern have a say in it. €35m is an insult, any top club would take sane for £30m with a high sell on clause. If sane refuses to leave he doesnt play, he doesnt go to the euros and he doesnt play adult football for ove 2 years. No club or player should insult us or strong arm us. We are not some plucky team desperate to get 20% of what someones worth to balance the books. If we make a stand it sends a message if we dont we look weak.
Realistically we know its not going to be that, Bayern aren't going to offer 10m. A deal will be agreed, around 50m most likely and everyone is happy. Its honestly a pointless arguement, there is no way that Sane is here sat in the stands for a season. Burn money in wages and bonuses for nothing.

I think people are looking too much into this "saving face" argument, selling Sane for 50m isn't going to impact any future transfers believe me. Selling Sane would not represent some huge shift in world football that City are now a selling club. In the same hypothetical situation you want to think City will be laughed at by the footballing world for selling Sane so cheap, Sane may also end up at Bayern be shite and be playing for Hoffenheim in a few seasons and then who got the last laugh?

Txiki and Soriano have hardly done badly since they arrived, I think they know what they are doing.

Either Sané stays and sign a new deal or he convinces Bayern to pay the fucking money we're demanding. Throw him into the freezebox if he's not commited and continues being an immature and ungrateful rat. 2 years without playing a match leaves him in the mud and derails his career big time. Sané and even Bayern for that matter literally have 0 leverage if you really think

Khaldoon and Soriano are not people Bayern will pushover

Last edited:
Either Sané stays and sign a new deal or he convinces Bayern to pay the fucking money we're demanding. Throw him into the freezebox if he's not commited and continues being an immature and ungrateful rat. 2 years without playing a match leaves him in the mud and derails his career big time. Sané and even Bayern for that matter literally have 0 leverage if you really think

Khaldoon and Soriano are not people Bayern will pushover
Immature and ungrateful? Re-read your post and see the hypocrisy.

Sane has come here and been brilliant for 3 years (injured the 4th), he's helped the team win countless trophies and hasn't caused any problems as far as we know. Now just because he wants to continue his career elsewhere you throw your toys out of the pram and want the club to try and destroy a young lads career. I'd class that as immature and ungrateful in the extreme, quite pathetic really.

We have completed the deals for:
  • Houssem Aouar (22)
  • Thiago Almada (19)
  • Rayan Ait-Nouri (19)
  • Amad Traoré (18)
This leaves 4 more Targets:
  • Mohamed Ihattaren (18)
  • Eduardo Camavinga (18)
  • Tanguy Kouassi (18) <-- We need to negotiate with Leipzig, they almost have him signed.
  • Alessandro Bastoni (21)
All of highlighted youngsters cost less then £30M each

Last edited:

• Houssem Aouar (22)
  • Thiago Almada (19)
  • Rayan Ait-Nouri (19)
  • Amad Traoré (18)
  • Mohamed Ihattaren (18)
  • Eduardo Camavinga (18)
  • Tanguy Kouassi (18) <-- We need to negotiate with Leipzig, they almost have him signed.

I think the only one out of these that may be close to done is Aouar, maybe Almada to, I have never heard of Traore or seen us linked with him, and the only link I have seen to the Nouri kid was from that one report out of France that sounded like they were using our name to get more money.

I don't think Ihatteren fits as the Sane replacement. He doesn't have the blistering pace we need to replace Leroy when he inevitably goes.

I love Camavinga and think he has loads of potential but I'm not sure he is City quality yet, maybe a buy and loan and replaces Fernandinho after next year.

PSG will never sell us Kouassi, 0% chance

It's already reported he has an offer from Liverpool, the last thing we need is him to go there just to piss us off with an agreement that he can sign for Bayern next summer.

reckon the offer to go to liverpool is bollocks - reckon his agent is just trying to smooth his exit to Bayern a little by saying he could have gone there.

• Houssem Aouar (22)
  • Thiago Almada (19)
  • Rayan Ait-Nouri (19)
  • Amad Traoré (18)
  • Mohamed Ihattaren (18)
  • Eduardo Camavinga (18)

and how many of them will ever realistically play for the first team or get anywhere near the first team squad - the top 2 and thats probably it

we spend a lot of time buying players to develop them and then move them on earning money as we do - i get this is a good business model but at somepoint we are going to have to freshen up the first team squad with ready made replacements as well - unless we are going to put up with a few seasons of 'transition'

I think the only one out of these that may be close to done is Aouar, maybe Almada to, I have never heard of Traore or seen us linked with him, and the only link I have seen to the Nouri kid was from that one report out of France that sounded like they were using our name to get more money.

I don't think Ihatteren fits as the Sane replacement. He doesn't have the blistering pace we need to replace Leroy when he inevitably goes.

I love Camavinga and think he has loads of potential but I'm not sure he is City quality yet, maybe a buy and loan and replaces Fernandinho after next year.

PSG will never sell us Kouassi, 0% chance

4 deals are completed.
4 more Targets left to acquire.

All of the 8 targets are being bought for the first team, because they have the quality to help us. Unless it's a perfect opportunity, none will go on loan in the summer.

Kouassi Is a free Agent, PSG have no say.
It's Leipzig we need to deal with, as they have tapped him up years ago thru his agent.

and how many of them will ever realistically play for the first team or get anywhere near the first team squad - the top 2 and thats probably it

we spend a lot of time buying players to develop them and then move them on earning money as we do - i get this is a good business model but at somepoint we are going to have to freshen up the first team squad with ready made replacements as well - unless we are going to put up with a few seasons of 'transition'

They are all being bought because they have the ability to help us next season and for many more to come.

Last edited:
4 deals are completed.
4 more Targets left to acquire.

All of the 8 targets are being bought for the first team, because they have the quality to help us. Unless it's a perfect opportunity, none will go on loan in the summer.

Kouassi Is a free Agent, PSG have no say.
It's Leipzig we need to deal with, as they have tapped him up years ago thru his agent.
In what world are we buying three or more 18/19 year olds without sending them on loan next year? We wouldn't even have room in the squad for them, let alone playing time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.