Summer Transfers

From my perspective, realistically what players have we had that we wanted to sell that have been that desirable?

Morata, proven CL striker. Ok he flopped in the prem but Atletico are very weird with transfers anyway.
Oscar, went to China. Nuff said.
Matic, Mourinho was desperate and Chelsea knew how much he wanted him.

Benteke, Palace desperate and blinded by previous goals.
Ibe, young talent and again Bournmouth blinded by him playing for the dippers. Solanke the same.

Looking at the players we have sold recently, Sane and Tevez in the last 10 years have been the only ones who I have actually been bothered about.

Some of the biggest out goings;
Danilo, made our money back and got Cancelo in for 25m. Not a bad deal all round.
Douglas Luiz, 15m for an unproven player, secured a 25m buy back which looks great value now.
Delph, 3 years of good service and sold for the same price we bought him for.
Brahim, 15m for a player not cut out for the prem and done nothing at Real.
Gunn, 12m for again a decent keeper but is now sat on the bench.
Ihenacho, 25m, good business considering what he has done since.
Unal, 12m again for a good player but hes not tearing it up anywhere and I don't think his current club will make a profit.
Bony, 12m, roughly 50% loss but huge wages, injury problems and age. We hardly had teams knocking the door down to get him.

By and large Txiki has done well to get rid of most of the players he has, he has especially used his links in Spain to get us good fees for players.
Agree with all of what you've said, except your point on the cancelo deal. We didn't make our money back on danilo and get cancelo for £25m. We either made our money back on danilo and spunked £58m on cancelo, or we gave away danilo for free and got cancelo for £25m.

Reading that and thinking about buy backs /sell ons you make a good point.Think the chelsea reputation comes from mainly the Luiz and Oscar sales.Liverpool Benteke Ibe. AS you say the only first team players we've really sold are Sane, Tevez, Dzeko. Stones will be an interesting one.
Chelsea do get good loans for their players etc which is a credit to them but they also have a lot of really good youngsters. In the last few years they have swept up a ton of trophies. Mount and Abraham etc have been ready for 1st team football straight away.

Dzeko again was big wages and we didn't really have much choice, in hindsight maybe he could have stuck around but yeah.

Stones, unfortunately with the market this year and his amount of recent playing time if we got over 20m it would be fine, hes been here a while so the book profit will be good in that sense.

Agree with all of what you've said, except your point on the cancelo deal. We didn't make our money back on danilo and get cancelo for £25m. We either made our money back on danilo and spunked £58m on cancelo, or we gave away danilo for free and got cancelo for £25m.
I think 'on the book' it works out all square, but yeah I guess you could look at it as giving Danilo away for free and getting Cancelo for 25m.

If we don't sign some top quality players in the transfer window, it doesn't bode well for next season
Yepp, and If Pep leave next summer the new manager gonna have a kindergarden to take care off.. Whats good with Pep is that players wanna play for him, who knows what next manger gonna be and if he have influence like Pep.

How old is he? I'd take him. A player doesn't become shit overnight. There's a reason Pep wanted him in the first place. Back up to aguero and Jesus

I used to work with a couple of Gooner season ticket holders. When we were chasing him, they warned me off on the basis that he seemed to have lost his speed and showed no enthusiasm on the pitch. Not having Pep on speed dial, there wasn’t much I could do about it but they were right.

How old is he? I'd take him. A player doesn't become shit overnight. There's a reason Pep wanted him in the first place. Back up to aguero and Jesus
He didn't become shit overnight. It has been a 2 and a half year decline...

Leave bad things behind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.