Sunday Supplement 17/18

I know that I am going to be ridiculed here but I do not think anything Custis said in that first part is really bad. He tries steering the conversation away from comparisons to City and wants to compare the rags against the rest.
In regards to the fact we were level on points with the rags when both managers took over. That is a fact. Yet Custis is correct when he suggests City had far less work to do on their squad. Let's not forget that Pellegrini seriously under achieved with the squad he had.
From watching the first bit, it seems like Custis and Holt have picked sides for professional purposes. The only one who seems impartial and worth listening to is Kay.

In saying that though,on the predictions that were made which I posted earlier this morning did he not pick us t win anything ?

I'll tell you why,he hates us and can't see the game as it currently stands

So why are there still more pre-PEG players at the swamp than there are pre-Pep players here?
Because they have spent ridiculously stupidly and that's what they should be being ridiculed for. They have spent money to generate headlines not to benefit the team.

I know that I am going to be ridiculed here but I do not think anything Custis said in that first part is really bad. He tries steering the conversation away from comparisons to City and wants to compare the rags against the rest.
In regards to the fact we were level on points with the rags when both managers took over. That is a fact. Yet Custis is correct when he suggests City had far less work to do on their squad. Let's not forget that Pellegrini seriously under achieved with the squad he had.
From watching the first bit, it seems like Custis and Holt have picked sides for professional purposes. The only one who seems impartial and worth listening to is Kay.

This just isn’t true, we were massively short in defence last season and Pep had to buy 3 full backs in the summer alone because zaba, clichy, kolarov and Sagna weren’t up to it.

Sure our star players have been better than theirs over the last few years but both managers have had to make big changes and City had the oldest squad in the league too. Don’t forget we were level on points when both managers took over.

Pep has just bought for exactly what he needs and United seem to be trying to sign the big name for revenue purposes.

There’s more players still at United than City from two years ago.

In saying that though,on the predictions that were made which I posted earlier this morning did he not pick us t win anything ?

I don't think he hates us. I just think he has chosen a side for professional purposes. It is better for his bank balance for him to be pro rag. Holt seems to have taken the opposite stance.
All the blues on here are saying Custis is talking shit and Holt sense, while the exact opposite is being said on rag cafe. Both are playing to their audiences.

Kay is the only one worth listening to.

I don't think he hates us. I just think he has chosen a side for professional purposes. It is better for his bank balance for him to be pro rag. Holt seems to have taken the opposite stance.
All the blues on here are saying Custis is talking shit and Holt sense, while the exact opposite is being said on rag cafe. Both are playing to their audiences.

Bottom line is......are any of them worth listening to ? I know my answer

The problem with Custis is how he changes the narrative to suit his agenda.

You can't predict at the start of the season that United will win the league and then start saying how weak the squad is when they are 16 points off the leaders in April.

Many of the journalists and pundits all said that United had the strongest squad a team the start of the season.

Bottom line is......are any of them worth listening to ? I know my answer

I like Oliver Kay. Some of the new and younger journalists they have had on this year, have been very good as well.

I actually don't mind Bates, at least you know he is actually a rag through and through. He has been fair in his comments regarding City this year and when he does speak about us, you can tell he is well informed with good sources. Compare that to Custis who just comes across as a United fanzine writer.

We had far more work to do on our squad. We had to replace four ageing defenders in the right/left back positions, as highlighted by the media. Their rhetoric was that we need to bring down the age of the squad as it had ran it's course. Then no sooner had we replaced the positions with younger more athletic players the same journalists started slagging us off for spending obscene amounts.
We needed a new keeper.
We needed another forward.
We needed another central defender.
Them lot just supplemented their squad with expensive flops.
To say custis was correct suggesting we had far less work to do on our squad is ridiculous.

Last edited:

That's where he constantly falls down. In one breath he's saying Pep has a much better squad, with next he's trying to shoehorn 4 United players in.

He's a fat useless **** and virtually every word that comes out of his mouth is shite, he tries to temper his bitterness with a few pro City commentst but it doesn't wash, the truth is, his football knowledge is poor and he comes across as a typical rag who just spews forth the mantra that nobody really believes but it's just too painful to say otherwise....! He must be the brother from another mother of boiled bollock, same level of knowledge and personality .... Ok, I'm done...!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.