Sunday Supplement 17/18

The problem with Custis is how he changes the narrative to suit his agenda.

You can't predict at the start of the season that United will win the league and then start saying how weak the squad is when they are 16 points off the leaders in April.

Many of the journalists and pundits all said that United had the strongest squad a team the start of the season.

I wish he’d change that shirt,

I never watch Sunday Supplement and never listen to Talksport. I do read some of the press but my main source for City is actually watching the games and for other clubs whatever matches are on the tele. I suspect it's the same for the three wise men (or monkeys) on SS! From what I gather on here Custiss is a loyal slave to Mourinho, rather than a lifelong rag, and for nearly two seasons he has had to watch the unwinding of the Mourinho myth. He saved his bacon on the "Mourinho guarantees you trophies" theme last season - just about, but hardly with the trophies rags were expecting, and he is vulnerable to Keane's jibe that "you know you're in trouble when the manager claims the community shield as a trophy." This season the whole house of cards has come crashing down. This is the second season, the magical one, when Mourinho ALWAYS wins the title, but now winning the cup and finishing second (neither yet achieved by any means) is the definition of a good second season, and excellent return on the £300 odd million he's spent. The gap must never be mentioned and Custiss has to defend every last word of that stunning (and highly amusing) press conference in which Mourinho gave a novel and original view of Manchester United's (now insignificant and dreary) 'istry and tradition. Greater love hath no man than that he should lay down his club's past to save his manager's life! And so we have a hero stuck with a fossilised dinosaur which he is trying to whip into life to take on an oil rich state which dopes his rival financially to a level the rags can't compete with so that fair competition is impossible and City will be able to receive the PL trophy in front of their empty stadium. And I repeat - if this is an accurate representation of Mr Custiss's views, I have written it without reading or listening to a word of his. That may speak volumes for the depth of his analysis.

I never watch Sunday Supplement and never listen to Talksport. I do read some of the press but my main source for City is actually watching the games and for other clubs whatever matches are on the tele. I suspect it's the same for the three wise men (or monkeys) on SS! From what I gather on here Custiss is a loyal slave to Mourinho, rather than a lifelong rag, and for nearly two seasons he has had to watch the unwinding of the Mourinho myth. He saved his bacon on the "Mourinho guarantees you trophies" theme last season - just about, but hardly with the trophies rags were expecting, and he is vulnerable to Keane's jibe that "you know you're in trouble when the manager claims the community shield as a trophy." This season the whole house of cards has come crashing down. This is the second season, the magical one, when Mourinho ALWAYS wins the title, but now winning the cup and finishing second (neither yet achieved by any means) is the definition of a good second season, and excellent return on the £300 odd million he's spent. The gap must never be mentioned and Custiss has to defend every last word of that stunning (and highly amusing) press conference in which Mourinho gave a novel and original view of Manchester United's (now insignificant and dreary) 'istry and tradition. Greater love hath no man than that he should lay down his club's past to save his manager's life! And so we have a hero stuck with a fossilised dinosaur which he is trying to whip into life to take on an oil rich state which dopes his rival financially to a level the rags can't compete with so that fair competition is impossible and City will be able to receive the PL trophy in front of their empty stadium. And I repeat - if this is an accurate representation of Mr Custiss's views, I have written it without reading or listening to a word of his. That may speak volumes for the depth of his analysis.

Not bad, not bad at all, but without the visuals you miss the blubber and the blubbing.

I don't think he hates us. I just think he has chosen a side for professional purposes. It is better for his bank balance for him to be pro rag. Holt seems to have taken the opposite stance.
All the blues on here are saying Custis is talking shit and Holt sense, while the exact opposite is being said on rag cafe. Both are playing to their audiences.

Kay is the only one worth listening to.
Is it not a case with a lot like him, that they jumped on the gravy train when the scum were bullying everybody, more than likely feathering their next while getting wined and dined for free. They just didn't foresee what Sheik Mansour was and has done at Manchester City their nearest rivals.
Now they dont get the European jaunts at the finals via the rags you can see why we get so much crap and they have to attempt to do some proper work while still siding with the history boys.
Now i dont remember it in the eighties when Everton won the league, but Liverpool were still relevant. Could you imagine the amount of bile from the Scouse mafia if Everton were now in our position.

Trying to decide who is worse, Neil Custis or Alyson Rudd? Tell you what it's a tough one to call.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.