''Sunday, the derby nobody wants to win''

''I don't want to win''

'The managers won't be bothered who wins''

''I think you are right, he does want to win everything''

''We the fans always want to win''

''I'm not arsed''

''In the ideal world we'd knock them out and then play the kids''

''Would be nice though i'll give you that.''

So, basically, you cannot really make your mind up, can you?

Lol...you can PRETEND not to care, but I guarantee that you will be jumping up and down with joy when (hopefully) we teach those rags a lesson in football (again) on Sunday.

COME ON CITY !!

oh my mind is made up alright, i want the title.

no gimmick, no pretence, no fishing. fuck the fa cup, fuck the europa and fuck the carling cup.

unless we win one of them.

Sky Blue said:
Fuck that...I feel ill when they get in our half!
Just hope Mario is back.
Me as well. I just can't stand to watch. No matter how much better I know we are than they are, I still can't shake the feeling that they're going to score.

de niro said:
Will either side care if they win or lose the game, cos I don't .
Don't think the mangers are bothered either. You could say fergie needs it more than us because it's his last chance of silverware this season( its great that we stand in the way of everything they can win) but the title has always been his priority and for us it's the only thing we are interested in.
The "winner" of this game immediately hands and advantage to the other side for the prem title and I for one aren't bothered about the cup.
I suppose in the ideal world we'd knock them out and then play the kids from then on.

Can see it being a subdued affair. Even against them.

I'm in a quandary about the rest of this season.

I'd love to win all 4 trophies but fear winning none.

As Franny said "If there were trophies for cock-ups, you couldn't move in the City boardroom"

35 years ago it would have been this priority for me: -

1. Division 1 champs.
2. UEFA Cup.
3. FA Cup.
4. League Cup.

Today is different. UEFA has downgraded the UEFA Cup so much that its probably bottom of the pile.

League and Cup double for me.

Putting the scum in their place will always be a priority since Baconface arrived although there has been an element of arrogance about the club and its supporters.

Lol I read the first 2 pages and couldn't put myself through any more.
Of course it matters..

I'd hate for them to knock us out for 2 reasons:

1. We need to keep up our incredible home-form, people should be afraid about coming here whether its in the league or cup shouldn't matter

2. Its the fucking RAGS

How can you possibly not be bothered if we lost to them mate? There's nothing in this world sweeter than beating them c***s, and knocking them out of the FA cup again would be heavenly.

I understand you're point (the OP) reguarding the managers and i agree to a certain extent but this one is made for the fans and needless to say it, we always want to beat them wheather its the FA Cup or the Thomas Cook trophy. The fact that they have the opportunity to get instant revenge on us from the demolition derby makes me sick, because if the score was reversed there's not a chance in hell we'd have drawn them in the 3rd round. Its madness.

Didn't the scum once win a 'treble'? Don't you want that chance? How do you know everything wont end and the plug is suddenly pulled on this fantasy ride we're on?

I say - try to win EVERY single match we play, full on, no resting players crap - play your best team and play hard every time.

Who knows, next year we might be saying 'if only'.................................get it done blues!

malg said:
Sky Blue said:
Fuck that...I feel ill when they get in our half!
Just hope Mario is back.
Me as well. I just can't stand to watch. No matter how much better I know we are than they are, I still can't shake the feeling that they're going to score.

Perhaps Roberto is outplaying SAF in mind games.

Always that element of fear in any team game when the team + bench is announced.

The simple fact is that our squad is miles ahead of theirs with strength in depth and lack of injuries.

Call me biased but the greatest fear factor has always come from players like Colin Bell, Clive Lloyd, Viv Richards, Steve Redgrave, Allan Border, Jonny Wilkinson, Ian Botham and Martin Johnson.

de niro said:

no gimmick, no pretence, no fishing. fuck the fa cup, fuck the europa and fuck the carling cup.

;o)

OK, being totally serious then.

As others have pointed out, winning on Sunday will give us a psychological advantage for the League. United have already been outclassed by 6 goals to 1 - the very last thing they need right now is to be knocked out of the FA Cup by the team they hate!

We could practically end their season on Sunday and they know it. There is no way I will believe that Ferguson won't want to win this game. There is also no reason why we can't win the League and STILL win a Cup or two. I agree that we have more chance in the CC as we are much closer to the final, but we are defending the FA Cup and the boys will not give that up without a fight. Platt has previously stated that Roberto wants to win every game we play and I think that's the best mindset to apply.

I don't think ANYONE is under any illusions - we are all fully aware that the League is the priority, but the Cups are all there for the taking. The other factor, of course, is that the more competitions we play in, the more opportunities squad players get to show their worth. That trophy cabinet still looks a bit bare - let's fill it up a bit, eh? ;o)

ANY1aBLUE said:
Didn't the scum once win a 'treble'? Don't you want that chance? How do you know everything wont end and the plug is suddenly pulled on this fantasy ride we're on?

I say - try to win EVERY single match we play, full on, no resting players crap - play your best team and play hard every time.

Who knows, next year we might be saying 'if only'.................................get it done blues!

I don't get the feeling that the new club structure is going away. In fact I suspect that the lines of communication are so healthy that Sheikh Mansour is very pleased with his investment.

-- Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:52 pm --

DTeacher said:
de niro said:

;o)

OK, being totally serious then.

As others have pointed out, winning on Sunday will give us a psychological advantage for the League. United have already been outclassed by 6 goals to 1 - the very last thing they need right now is to be knocked out of the FA Cup by the team they hate!

We could practically end their season on Sunday and they know it. There is no way I will believe that Ferguson won't want to win this game. There is also no reason why we can't win the League and STILL win a Cup or two. I agree that we have more chance in the CC as we are much closer to the final, but we are defending the FA Cup and the boys will not give that up without a fight. Platt has previously stated that Roberto wants to win every game we play and I think that's the best mindset to apply.

I don't think ANYONE is under any illusions - we are all fully aware that the League is the priority, but the Cups are all there for the taking. The other factor, of course, is that the more competitions we play in, the more opportunities squad players get to show their worth. That trophy cabinet still looks a bit bare - let's fill it up a bit, eh? ;o)

The psychology on BM is Brilliant. Well said.<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:54 pm --<br /><br />
c4lv3rt said:
I understand you're point (the OP) reguarding the managers and i agree to a certain extent but this one is made for the fans and needless to say it, we always want to beat them wheather its the FA Cup or the Thomas Cook trophy. The fact that they have the opportunity to get instant revenge on us from the demolition derby makes me sick, because if the score was reversed there's not a chance in hell we'd have drawn them in the 3rd round. Its madness.

No way they'll beat us 6-1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.