Sunday, the derby nobody wants to win?

de niro said:
manc_macca said:
OP, why wouldn't we want to win this game?!

we the fans always want to win, just not at the cost of the bigger picture.

I believe the players want to win this again. The league is paramount, granted - but I imagine the players would consider the FA Cup to be a big prize. It certainly appeared that way last season. And I'm sure it would give them a fantastic sense of pride if they could retain it. But I might be chatting shit - and they couldn't give a toss.

tamsie said:
What were now to big for the FA cup and don't care if we beat the scum

You are having a laugh and get real we want to beat them ever time and yes the cup is very important
Bobby?

And I would hope that after taking 42 years to win the damn thing again they are not of the mindset to cast the competition aside. We are not at the stage where we hand pick what we want to win.

Personally, I hope that day never arrives. The arrogance of it stinks - we should play to win everything on offer.

de niro said:
I suppose in the ideal world we'd knock them out and then play the kids from then on.

This but I only see Mancini putting out a strong side and us getting the result we want.

Soulboy said:
de niro said:
manc_macca said:
OP, why wouldn't we want to win this game?!

But the bigger picture last season was to get top 4... which we did... AND won the FA Cup as well!

Are you suggesting we aren't stronger this season and can't meet both targets again?

You were apoplectic after we played a weakened team at WBA in the Carling Cup, so why the change of heart?

If the rags and Arsenal and Chelsea can do doubles and trebles, why do so many have such little belief that City aren't big enough to do the same?

they've all won doubles and trebles having a couple of titles under their belts. we need that title first. doubles can come next year.

would be nice though i'll give you that.

de niro said:
Soulboy said:
de niro said:

But the bigger picture last season was to get top 4... which we did... AND won the FA Cup as well!

Are you suggesting we aren't stronger this season and can't meet both targets again?

You were apoplectic after we played a weakened team at WBA in the Carling Cup, so why the change of heart?

If the rags and Arsenal and Chelsea can do doubles and trebles, why do so many have such little belief that City aren't big enough to do the same?

they've all won doubles and trebles having a couple of titles under their belts. we need that title first. doubles can come next year.

would be nice though i'll give you that.

We did a double in 1970 with a squad of about 15 players!

Have a bit more faith in the current lot... we are more than capable.

BillyShears said:
moomba said:
I think Fergie will put a weakened team out, if he goes full strength and they get thumped again any sort of upper hand they have over us is gone.

I'd play a weakened side as well, which will be a very strong side anyway.

The problem is they are out of the CL and out of CC. If he does put out a weakened team, the knives will be out for him from his own supporters for throwing away the chance at a trophy.

It's possible that Fergie won't play every single first choice, but I would be very shocked if he played what we would consider a weakened side. I really can't see him doing that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.