Sunderland allocation. Reply from there safety officer

Mr Blue Sky

Have a read of this patronising load of bollocks.

Dear Martin

I am the safety officer on Match days, and as such I am responsible for the safety of all spectators attending the Stadium of Light. The allocation has been reduced to 2,200, I’m not sure where you got the 2,100 figure from.

The maximum allocation is 3,200.

As a result of persistent standing by Man City supporters in recent seasons in an all seated stadium, which is unsafe, and against the Premier League Ground Regulations, this allocation was cut to 2,200. The rationale for this is the risk of a progressive crowd collapse due to people who are standing losing balance and falling over is reduced commensurately with the reduction in numbers in a particular section.

I hope this satisfies your questions as I am certainly not going to enter into a debate over the decision. It has been made in the interests of safety and no matter what ‘evidence’ you may be able to produce, sitting in an all seated stadium is inherently safer than standing.

Regards

Paul Weir
Safety Manager

Yeah it was unsafe last season when I was on the 2nd row 3 yards to the right of the goal with nobody on the front row. I asked the safety steward if I could move because I didn't want hitting in the face with the ball. The fecker wouldn't move me and there were spaces available. Spent the whole game sticking my hands in front of my face. Bastard!

I'd suggest to the 3000+ blues who will want tickets after the 2100 sell out to buy in the home end and give this guy something else to think about. Forcing home and away to mix is really safe, isn't it...I say this as the capacity is there to sell the tickets thus it is forcing the above to potentially occur.

Also, would be good for this gentleman to provide statistics concerning injuries in the away end of the Stadium of Light for the past 10 years to help justify such a decision.

mancmackem said:
I'd suggest to the 3000+ blues who will want tickets after the 2100 sell out to buy in the home end and give this guy something else to think about. Forcing home and away to mix is really safe, isn't it...I say this as the capacity is there to sell the tickets thus it is forcing the above to potentially occur.

Also, would be good for this gentleman to provide statistics concerning injuries in the away end of the Stadium of Light for the past 10 years to help justify such a decision.

Hes not going to enter a debate about it (tosser)

The rationale for this is the risk of a progressive crowd collapse due to people who are standing losing balance and falling over is reduced commensurately with the reduction in numbers in a particular section.
Why keep a sentence short, when you can write like this?

progressive crowd collapse = falling over.

What a Wally. And to think he get's paid to come up with such...........(fill in as appropriate)

No wonder football is on it's arse in this country.

So how safe is it when we're all walking out of the stadium.
Should we actually be allowed to stand when leaving?
Surely all those people clambering up or down the steps present a greater risk.
I don't see why in this day and age safe standing can't be permitted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.