Sunderland away pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'd say that 3 of those 4 offer the most "defensively" of all our attacking players.

However I think Iheanacho and one of Sterling and Navas will miss out, with Fernandhino rested for Leicester, and that Fernando, Yaya, and Silva will all start.

I expect Fernandhino to start. Mainly because he was the midfield player who was subbed on Saturday.

Hope I'm not getting the slightest sniff of complacency on here? This is not a mid-table team, with nothing to lose. They're fighting for their lives, and with the form of teams like Swansea and Norwich, you know what ? They could still do it. From what I saw, they looked threatening away at the Arse until the third goal went in, they even looked pretty decent against us until the third, then they folded. But not before.
We didn't take the three points at Villa, and that may hurt us at the end of the season. We must take the three points here. One point would be utterly unacceptable, as we move into the business end of the season. Defeat I don't even like to think about, although if the PL has proven one thing over the years, it is that anyone can beat anyone, if the stars are aligned in a certain way. That's one of the things that makes it different from certain other leagues in Europe.
So strongest team possible, please. Sergio, Merlin, and Yaya all back in. They should be able to play a Tuesday night game, and then the following Saturday, having been fully rested last Saturday. Powerful midfield, certainly with either Delph or Fernandinho in it. Possibly Fernando in there, in front of the back four. And one up top — the sharpest striker in the league at present, and no mistake. With someone wide — Navas or Sterling. Kun'll do the job, so long as we clearly win the midfield battle. Iheanacho on the bench to come on for some of the game if necessary (i.e. sub one of the midfielders and put two up top).

Bit concerned with fat sams comments on Kun,praising him and mentioning making sure they stop him even if it means having 3 on him when he's in possession.Might free up space for others but also suggests he could be in for a bit of a kicking.

Must win game, obviously. They have the advantage of a weekend off, but Pellegrini rotated well so we were able to rest a few key players.

Reckon we'll line up something like this:

Hart
Zabaleta
Otamendi
Demichelis
Clichy
Fernandinho
Delph
Toure
Silva
Sterling
Aguero

I would replace Demi, Delph and Yaya with Bacary, Fernando and Navas

We need to be more mobile in the midfield and also have good width. Also Fernando would give us more defensive cover than Fabian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.