Sunderland in League One (again) 2019/2020

What game at York?

I've never seen that mentioned before.

;-)

Ring dave a m8 of mine on 0161 123 4567
He'll tell you all about it he's just got back today on the supporters coach, said the roads have been gridlocked with city fans ever since the final whistle

In the lack of live sport in the world....Sunderland til I die season 2 has launched today on Netflix..oh the irony of it being on April fools Day.

...and yes, it will end in glorious failure which is what we do best...
What I've seen so far, is that it isn't as good as the first series, which was very raw...it's more around the new owners etc....
However...if you have a spare 5 hours or so..slap it on

In the lack of live sport in the world....Sunderland til I die season 2 has launched today on Netflix..oh the irony of it being on April fools Day.

What I've seen so far, is that it isn't as good as the first series, which was very raw...it's more around the new owners etc....

I enjoyed the first series... very reminiscent of the City of old.

Just on the first episode. This Charlie Methven comes across as a polished David Brent.

I can smell his bullshit through the TV.

Binged watched this today...
I thought the new owner/directors came out of it as decent blokes doing their best with a difficult job. OK that Charlie bloke came across as a bit of a ponce but he's a marketing man so what do youexpect. They did a good job of stabilising the club financially.

The owner seems like a very genuine guy, doing a decent job.

The bottom line is that they don't have enough quality in the playing squad, The manager seemed a decent bloke too, not too much ego, maybe a bit conservative so not surprising that he had to go the following season.

Feel a bit for the fans, felt like us not too many years ago. But I do remember some twatish behaviour in the not too distant past at our expense so... not that much sympathy.

Anyway, summary... decent, not wankers running the club, some wasters in the middle management, bang average players need better to move forward and to do that need money.

Just watched ep1 - the palaver with the music, 'club atmosphere', Ibiza, etc etc. just further proof how out of touch these suit-types are.

Just finished watching it in full. Not as good as the first series (which was more of a black comedy than a documentary ) but a very good insight into the shit the club was in. Stewart Donald came across as a decent bloke swimming against the tide. I wonder if they are doing a 3rd series as it would be interesting to see why Methven jumped ship.

Only seen the first 2, seems more of a PR exercise for the owners after all the criticism they've had, I imagine that's why it's so late.

Less of the annoying, wannabe celebrity fans which is good, but more of a boardroom doc than a story of the season so far like the first season which means it's not as engaging, whereas last year you really got a sense of the despair that was gripping the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.