Sunderland in League One (again) 2019/2020

Just finished watching it in full. Not as good as the first series (which was more of a black comedy than a documentary ) but a very good insight into the shit the club was in. Stewart Donald came across as a decent bloke swimming against the tide. I wonder if they are doing a 3rd series as it would be interesting to see why Methven jumped ship.

Only seen the first 2, seems more of a PR exercise for the owners after all the criticism they've had, I imagine that's why it's so late.

Less of the annoying, wannabe celebrity fans which is good, but more of a boardroom doc than a story of the season so far like the first season which means it's not as engaging, whereas last year you really got a sense of the despair that was gripping the club.

Just finished watching it. Didn’t feel truly engaged until the last 10 minutes. Seemed more of a PR exercise for the two new owners. Shame because the Mackems are a decent bunch as we all know and the average fans take on the season would have been more interesting to watch.

Agree with all of the above points...the first series was very raw...more about the area, the fans, the shambles....
This one is very much focussed on the owners...and is almost a PR exercise....definitely not as good....

Although obviously the heartbreak at the end is the constant through both series....FFS...haha...even the checkatrade final that I was at with my kids....we had to equalise in the 120 th minute....to then lose on pens...
Play off final..lose in injury time....

We can't we lose normally....why do the fuckers keep us hanging on....
We all keep coming back for more
I guess that's why we love our teams eh

Binge watched 1st series today. Obvious parralels with us. The frustrations of the fans is palpable. Rodwell though ...
I just watched the episode that ended with the statement that Rodwell has decided to keep drawing his 70k a week for sitting on his arse.

I wonder how much he has earned for doing f..k all in his career.

It actually made me feel sorry for Martin Bain and Chris Coleman but most of for all the long suffering Sunderland fans.

Last edited:
I think they said Rodwell would take 12M of wages off the club by the end of his contract. There's an argument that he has every right to see out his contract, but the club was on its arse. He never looked like playing but then saying it was all about getting his career back on track. Which was bollocks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.