Sunderland In League One. / Netflix documentary (P9)

Heard about this today on 5Live - they had the makers on - Fulwell73. Sounded like an excellent programme told by the fans from their perspective. They were saying it was tough because they are all lifelong Mackem fans and when they pitched the idea Sunderland were in the Prem so it was never going to be All Or Nothing but at the end of the day it turned out well because it was different. Fair play and I wish them well ( Fulwell73 and the Mackems ) - they came across as fans who got an amazing chance and grasped it and enjoyed it to the full. Oh and don't forget its pronounced Sunnelan !

So, here I am, with my boys, at the Stadium of Light hotel.....
Tomorrow, my boys will witness theIr first ever game at the Sol....
They've been to countless away matches....
Particularly in the north west.
But never a home one.
What they don't know, is that they aren't just watching the game, I'm taking them into hospitality.. lets be comforortable while we watch the rubbish....they'll meet the players, have a tour....and meet one James Montgomery..

Can I afford it....not really.....but it's Christmas....and it's about making memories.....shame there is a blizzard forecast....shit happens :-)

But never a home one.
What they don't know, is that they aren't just watching the game, I'm taking them into hospitality.. lets be comforortable while we watch the rubbish....they'll meet the players, have a tour....and meet one James Montgomery..

Can I afford it....not really.....but it's Christmas....and it's about making memories.....shame there is a blizzard forecast....shit happens :-)
That should be good, shame about the result ;)

But never a home one.

Enjoy the day, mate. I hope the boys love it.

I love Jim Montgomery, even after all these years, for his heroics on that wonderful day in May 1973. In fact, I love all the lads, who played in those striped shirts that day, but especially Dennis Tueart and Big Dave Watson, for obvious reasons. I’d imagine @jimharri feels the same way.

Best of luck tomorrow. I hope the snow holds off long enough for the match to go ahead and you get the win.

Enjoy the day, mate. I hope the boys love it.

I love Jim Montgomery, even after all these years, for his heroics on that wonderful day in May 1973. In fact, I love all the lads, who played in those striped shirts that day, but especially Dennis Tueart and Big Dave Watson, for obvious reasons. I’d imagine @jimharri feels the same way.

Best of luck tomorrow. I hope the snow holds off long enough for the match to go ahead and you get the win.

And Micky Horswill ?

But never a home one.

Called off then...

:)

Hope it's a good one for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.