Sunderland In League One. / Netflix documentary (P9)

Watched a few episodes of the Netflix thing. It's much better than the City one on Amazon Prime in my opinion.

Obviously there's a bit more drama than ours as we virtually won every week, but it's more gritty and there's much more fascinating stuff behind the scenes too.

Ours was overly sanitised - this feels really honest. Have to applaud the documentary makers and the club for the footage they've caught and the bravery to keep it in.

anyone seen the above documentary on Netflix. Well worth a watch if you haven’t, gives a proper insight into how not to run a club. On a side note Sunderland seem like a down to earth lot and their community revolves round their club.

I posted on the Sunderland thread at the weekend that I thought it was considerably better than the City one on Amazon Prime.

Jack Rodwell does not come across well in it.

That Martin Bain is a right arse. Proper loves himself. The manager was clueless, just look at the way he treated the keepers. And no surprise that Darron Gibson was a right prick.

Their fans are so committed to the club: they quite literally live and breathe Sunderland. They've had absolutely sweet fuck all to celebrate over the years but that hasn't diminished their passion for the club, not one bit. That chap who lives hundreds of miles away but never misses a game was a shining example of a proper supporter. Him and his wife rubbing the foot of that Bob Stoker statue. The other chap with the tattoos of Niall Quinn, Peter Reid etc. Terrific fan base.

Compare them to those plastic bastards who wouldn't recognise the swamp if it was painted in a bright luminous yellow. The type who have absolutely no interest in football but 'support' the vermin because they used to be successful and have been brought up on Sky...brainwashed fucking lemmings, all of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.