Sunderland Post Match Reaction Thread

Re: Post Match Reaction Thread (Please post in here)

shadygiz said:
joe salford said:
80 minutes for lots of others! unbelievable

what is unbelieveable is other peoples failure to grasp that they paid for their ticket and can do what they want.

I don't think anyone is failing to grasp that 'you pay's your money you have a choice'...it just seems like an odd choice to make at times...5-0 up at home you might wanna stay and applaud your team off. Would be nice for the players after a shift like that to see and hear a full ground showing thier support.

the first and third goals get better with each watch. AJ took his goal extremely well as it bounced up on him at the last second, very tough to control.

and on the third, NDJ played that ball with his LEFT foot!

great day.

It is April and we have the best defence in the league(chelsea have played less)and the fourth best attack in the league and still their are critics in the media who try to pit us down. They talk about Spurs and their open attacking football yet we have scored more, it's a joke and I for one couldn't be happier with the progress we just need to hold our nerve.

Hi fellas, proud City fan since 95 from Australia here. I was so uplifted by today's performance that I had to make my first post.

I'm really hoping that Mancini finally gets the message now that AJ has to be in the starting 11. Yes he makes an impact off the bench...because he's quality! We looked threatening from the beginning today, and it wasn't solely due to his darts down the wing but they played a pretty big role. He's a gun.

Super Mario looks to be enjoying himself more which is key. He has the strength and ability, just needs to build a better understanding with Tevez up front and I think Dzeko will be finding he becomes a clear 3rd choice striker.

YaYa looked very good today, partly because the Sunderland defence allowed him more time on the ball. I still have some concerns about his first touch, but his electric bursts of speed and his ability to manufacture goals makes him an exciting prospect for hopefully years to come.

I'm yet to be convinced of Kolarov being the European Robert Carlos. Mancini certainly is showing alot of faith in him, but even today we looked alot more vulnerable down that left side. Conversely I love Boyata's game. Shows great vision for a young player and very skillful both in attack and defense. Will need to work hard for his place but definitely a keeper.

Just a few thoughts on some of the performances. Fantastic win. Great to hear the fans in full voice. A top 4 spot beckons.

Soooooooooooo happy today - great performance - sets the team up with more confidence for the next few all important games.

kiam06 said:
It is April and we have the best defence in the league(chelsea have played less)and the fourth best attack in the league and still their are critics in the media who try to pit us down. They talk about Spurs and their open attacking football yet we have scored more, it's a joke and I for one couldn't be happier with the progress we just need to hold our nerve.

This utterely fookwd off all season with the Spuds / Harry comno wank fest

Prouty said:
Hi fellas, proud City fan since 95 from Australia here. I was so uplifted by today's performance that I had to make my first post.

I'm really hoping that Mancini finally gets the message now that AJ has to be in the starting 11. Yes he makes an impact off the bench...because he's quality! We looked threatening from the beginning today, and it wasn't solely due to his darts down the wing but they played a pretty big role. He's a gun.

Super Mario looks to be enjoying himself more which is key. He has the strength and ability, just needs to build a better understanding with Tevez up front and I think Dzeko will be finding he becomes a clear 3rd choice striker.

YaYa looked very good today, partly because the Sunderland defence allowed him more time on the ball. I still have some concerns about his first touch, but his electric bursts of speed and his ability to manufacture goals makes him an exciting prospect for hopefully years to come.

I'm yet to be convinced of Kolarov being the European Robert Carlos. Mancini certainly is showing alot of faith in him, but even today we looked alot more vulnerable down that left side. Conversely I love Boyata's game. Shows great vision for a young player and very skillful both in attack and defense. Will need to work hard for his place but definitely a keeper.

Just a few thoughts on some of the performances. Fantastic win. Great to hear the fans in full voice. A top 4 spot beckons.

Great first post keep it up

It was the combination of Silva and Tevez that led to City’s second goal on 14 minutes, a fortuitous penalty to say the least.

Tevez was Silva’s intended target with a lofted ball forward, but the City skipper succeeded only in colliding with Phil Bardsley as he tried to bring it under control. It looked an innocuous coming together of two players, but referee Howard Webb thought otherwise, pointing straight to the spot and booking Bardsley.

How the Mirror saw it ...not that they are biased for Man U in anyway YCNMIU

bobmcfc said:
Chippy_boy said:
I will start by saying of course we played very well and it was pleasing to see the more attacking line up.

Everyone has gone on and on about how marvellous we were, so forgive me for not carrying on with that - it's all been said. So at the risk of being called a miserable twat, I would just point out the following.

First, Sunderland were really dire. You can only play what is in front of you, but they were hopeless, offering nothing in attack, defensively weak and uncompetitive in midfield. They flattered us for sure.

Second, I was still concerned that we totally took our foot off the gas when we went 2 nil up. For the next 30 minutes, we let them get right back into it... although admittedly we still looked the more dangerous. But we should have carried on as we started and we would have finished the game off in the first half. As it happens, it worked out fine (obviously) but I still think we were wrong to ease off so much after our 2nd goal.

My final criticism is that I think Kolorov is really not very good. He's not diabolical, clearly, but he's poor defensively and going forward not too brilliant either. Right back seems to be ok for us with Richards, Zabaleta and it would seem Boyata who can all do a top job for us. Maybe Boateng too. But we desperately need a decent left back. I'd rather have Wayne Bridge to be honest. I thought Kolorov was comfortably our worst player again today.

no pleasing some. i thought we were very strong and yes we relaxed towards the end of the first half but i don't see why we needed to burn ourselves out when we were comfortable. second half we upped the tempo and scored more goals ? wtf do you want ? im sure if you asked chelsea and arsenal fans i doubt they'd be whinging or picking holes in a result like ours

god i hope your wumming

No, and as I said in my opening sentence, we played really well and I am very happy with the performance and the result.

It's just some people on here are completely bipolar. We get beaten and we are the worst team in the league, boring, slow, too defensive, Mancini out etc etc etc. We play well and win convincingly and we are destined for 2nd and sure to win the FA cup, will hammer the rags in the semis etc etc etc.

Well guess what, there's only one City, not two. It's the same players. We are neither shite, nor the best team in the country. That is all.

Re: Post Match Reaction Thread (Please post in here)

Blue Tooth said:
shadygiz said:
what is unbelieveable is other peoples failure to grasp that they paid for their ticket and can do what they want.

I don't think anyone is failing to grasp that 'you pay's your money you have a choice'...it just seems like an odd choice to make at times...5-0 up at home you might wanna stay and applaud your team off. Would be nice for the players after a shift like that to see and hear a full ground showing thier support.

i totally agree mate. Part of the problem lies with the horrendous parking facilities though mate.....if it didnt take over 1/2 hour to get out of the car parks around the ground then people would stay a lot longer. Most of this is brought on by the fact that we let the away fans out at the same time, then have to wait whilst the police shut traffic lights to allow the away coaches to exit the area.
Persoonally, i think we should hold the away fans back for 15/20mins to allow the home fans to get out of the car parks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.