Sunderland post match thread

Well at least I can relax for the rest of the season now, we are winning nothing after that display tonight. Pellegrini has no plan B we had no width when we went forward, Nasri was all over the place, Garcia slowed the game down so much it was a joke. I think the next 5 games he gives a run out to Rodwell and get Jovetic on from the start, what the hell do we have to lose by doing it? I think far too many of our players have got an eye on the World Cup and don't want to get injured and therefore aren't totally committed.

At least we're not the rags...

It's a hard result to take but that's football, anything can happen. We're comfortably the best team in the league but we've suffered from horrendous bad luck this season with injuries, and a few below par performances. Overall though, I've enjoyed it - spanking the likes of United, Arsenal & Spurs, getting further than we've ever got in the Champions League and a trip to Wembley to win a trophy.

We'll be back - and I still don't think we're 100% out of this title race yet, there's a lot of football still to be played under a lot of pressure. The pressure is now off us completely and I expect us to do what we did against Norwich in 2012 when we play West Brom.

If anyone remembers the Wolves game in 2012, that was nervy as fuck because we were back in the race. Chelsea & Liverpool have similar games coming up.

It's not over yet.

Wretched Vengeance said:
IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
Nasri was shocking tonight mate,there is simply no other way of describing it. But he wasn't alone.

What game were you watching? He scored and almost scored at the death, his passing was good but there was fuck all going on ahead of him....it was a shit team performance but there were at least 9 others who were far worse than him

I the absence of Silva, his role would have been to create, dictate and cause panic in their defence, he did didn't do enough of that tonight. All he did was play it safe. Yes he scored and should have got a third, but that completely disguises what was a poor performance from Nasri. First half he did not complete, fuck it, he didn't even attempt one meaningful pass, just played it safe every time.

Well, I have to disagree. He was the only one of our guys able to pass the ball which was a positive. His performance might have been a 6 but nobody else deserved anymore than 5 so there are plenty of other guys more deserving of a verbal pummelling than Nasri tonight....the great untouchable Kompany for example. Didn't mean to be rude mate, just pretty low especially after that heartbreaker on Sunday afternoon.

With results and displays like this we've given the media et al all the ammo they need to shoot us down....money doesn't guarantee trophies, mercenaries, no motivation, manager no plan B etc.

Wish our season was over now and it probably is!

zimmerman said:
@henrywinter 39s

Pellegrini on #mcfc listless display v #safc: “We couldn’t take (get) the game against Liverpool out of our minds”

I am dumbstruck at that comment. Thats his job FFS
Was in the papers today or yesterday pellegrini had said the players were mentally flat after the liverpool game,even if that is the case he shouldn't be spouting it to the press,i like pellegrini and some of the football this season has been fantastic,but the monkey on his back having won fcuk all in europe was always a worry for me(league cup aside)..

What the fuck was that?!

Awful!

No incision at all. The only effective player was Jovetić.

They created more than we did, they're bottom of the fucking league and we're supposed to be the one of Europe's better sides.

That's really fucked me off that has.

Stuck in traffic now n'all because the road I normally go down is closed!

Oh but I expect another fucking £50 ride on my SeasonCard which will mean it's gone up £160 since we won the league and we're no better, in fact we're not as good! Robbing bastards!

Fucked off behind belief!

DalbeyINUK said:
It was another reminder, as if we needed it, of how important David Silva is to everything that we do. You can feel it in the whole performance of the team when he isn't there. From back to front. Nasri is a good player, but he doesn't have the wizardry of a Silva to create something out of nothing and boss the game by himself. It's not what he does. Samir is like a cherry on top of a cupcake. It's that final piece that helps makes it beautiful, but on it's own, it's just a cherry.

The lack of desire on many players parts tonight was disappointing. I would also say that I think Milner has been proven now to be better off the bench. I will qualify that however with this: That may just be another side effect of no Silva in the lineup tonight.

Jovetic I thought was fantastic. When Aguero came off and Jovetic came on I thought he was the best player on the pitch. I'm really looking forward to seeing him get an extended run in the side.

Agreed. He gives us something different and produces some exciting moments.

green pennies said:
Zaba, Komps, and Kun can stay, the rest I could give a damn.

This is what I'll never understand. I know we're in meltdown mode, because the club just shit the bed against Sunderland with the league on the line, and didn't seem to care in the process. But do you actually mean what you're saying, or are you just winding everybody whose already wound up even further?

I'll keep Silva, thank you very much. I'll keep Yaya too. Fern can stay, Joe can stay, Negredo can stay (shit finish to the season after coming back from injury, but how easily you all forget crying Beast every time he touched the ball in 2013), Kolarov can stay, Jovetic can stay...

Feel like I'm scraping myself off the floor after the past 3 days, but even in that dire mindset I have no clue what you're on about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.