Sunderland post match thread

WEMBLEY76 said:
Only consolation is that we can still win the League.

Maybe next year but tonight had the look of its too hard again this year.

I can see us limping hopefully to third spot now.

It was another reminder, as if we needed it, of how important David Silva is to everything that we do. You can feel it in the whole performance of the team when he isn't there. From back to front. Nasri is a good player, but he doesn't have the wizardry of a Silva to create something out of nothing and boss the game by himself. It's not what he does. Samir is like a cherry on top of a cupcake. It's that final piece that helps makes it beautiful, but on it's own, it's just a cherry.

The lack of desire on many players parts tonight was disappointing. I would also say that I think Milner has been proven now to be better off the bench. I will qualify that however with this: That may just be another side effect of no Silva in the lineup tonight.

Jovetic I thought was fantastic. When Aguero came off and Jovetic came on I thought he was the best player on the pitch. I'm really looking forward to seeing him get an extended run in the side.

Sadly no real team consistency so every match seems to a bit of an experiment that has failed more often than succeed its a poor approach to risk an engineers method trying to manage it rather than taking a gamble and going for the win looks like we have run.out of steam and the players are being cautious to avoid missing the world cup
Rant over from a bar in Gran Canaria
@johnbrowne2014

We have not bought a world class player since Aguero and are paying the price now. Should have spent money on two absolute class acts last summer instead of 4 decent pl;ayers one of which has hardly kicked a ball.

zimmerman said:
@henrywinter 39s

Pellegrini on #mcfc listless display v #safc: “We couldn’t take (get) the game against Liverpool out of our minds”

I am dumbstruck at that comment. Thats his job FFS

Did you actually hear Mr Pellegrini say that or just going off a journo's tweet?

DalbeyINUK said:
It was another reminder, as if we needed it, of how important David Silva is to everything that we do. You can feel it in the whole performance of the team when he isn't there. From back to front. Nasri is a good player, but he doesn't have the wizardry of a Silva to create something out of nothing and boss the game by himself. It's not what he does. Samir is like a cherry on top of a cupcake. It's that final piece that helps makes it beautiful, but on it's own, it's just a cherry.

The lack of desire on many players parts tonight was disappointing. I would also say that I think Milner has been proven now to be better off the bench. I will qualify that however with this: That may just be another side effect of no Silva in the lineup tonight.

Jovetic I thought was fantastic. When Aguero came off and Jovetic came on I thought he was the best player on the pitch. I'm really looking forward to seeing him get an extended run in the side.

Nasri is a ball carrier that needs a silva to shine, silva can do anything and make it look easy, there is no comparision totally different players

Nasri has to have players to work off

DalbeyINUK said:

Finally I see a comment I agree with.

Just coming back from the match now, decided to give my st to a mate and take my dad, well worth the £78 that match was (y) absolutely shocking to be honest, no passion or desire in the fans or players! You could see that on the off chance a song was sung the players responded to the noise and picked up a bit, then it dropped silent again!
In all honesty as much as I'd love to have seen us win the league again I just don't think we deserve it at all, all season we seem to have lacked something, even when we won, there's always been something missing! Hope the players don't just give up now and decide they won't try at all, would at least like to see a top four finish, however if we play like that every match its unlikely! But hey ho we just have to wait and see!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.