Sunderland post match thread

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
A manager that has the respect of his players, but can't motivate them. Mancini was a manager that didn't have the respect of his players, but got the best out of his players due to the fact he called you out publicly and screamed at you should you turn in such a half arsed performance.

I don't know what's worse to be honest.

On the overall season, I rate Hughes higher than Pellegrini. And i'm being deadly serious. It's very easy to mock Hughes, but he was an ordinary manager with an ordinary squad with one world class player (Tevez). And he got the best out of the squad available to him.

Where Txiki & Ferran are going with Pellegrini I have absolutely no idea. Silva and Y.Toure have carried us this season.
av291h.jpg

deano ou812 said:
zimmerman said:
@henrywinter 39s

Pellegrini on #mcfc listless display v #safc: “We couldn’t take (get) the game against Liverpool out of our minds”

I am dumbstruck at that comment. Thats his job FFS
Was in the papers today or yesterday pellegrini had said the players were mentally flat after the liverpool game,even if that is the case he shouldn't be spouting it to the press,i like pellegrini and some of the football this season has been fantastic,but the monkey on his back having won fcuk all in europe was always a worry for me(league cup aside)..
Mentally flat but with smiles on their faces so all is good

Eccles Blue said:
zimmerman said:
@henrywinter 39s

Pellegrini on #mcfc listless display v #safc: “We couldn’t take (get) the game against Liverpool out of our minds”

I am dumbstruck at that comment. Thats his job FFS

Did you actually hear Mr Pellegrini say that or just going off a journo's tweet?

He said it, just watched it then

mancity61 said:
We have not bought a world class player since Aguero and are paying the price now. Should have spent money on two absolute class acts last summer instead of 4 decent pl;ayers one of which has hardly kicked a ball.

Throwing money at it is not the way to build a successful team. We already have the players, why does everyone always go on about spending money? A couple of weeks ago this team were being lauded on here. A couple of mediocre matches & suddenly they are a third division side! Fickle fans.

We're Man City we fight to the end, the Boys in Blue never give in!!

rick773 said:
About what we deserve. I'd prefer to have been wrong but I hope everyone that thinks Milner should start often understands why he shouldn't.

Be critically of nasri all you want , he has it coming but he's not the only one lacking heart. Wonder what excuse they'll have now without Mancini to blame it on.

Sorta funny the stadium clear out so close in proximity to a rousing rendition of "fight til the end"

"We'll fight til the e... Fuck it I'm out"

Milner should play in the middle not wide he hasn't been a wide player for years, he should be there for his workrate and drive then pass it simple to someone with the ability, for an engineer our manager seems to have missed the lesson on foundations, he was probably on a team moral lecture that day, that or him and chappie were larking around at the back of the class

Damien10 said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
What game were you watching? He scored and almost scored at the death, his passing was good but there was fuck all going on ahead of him....it was a shit team performance but there were at least 9 others who were far worse than him

I the absence of Silva, his role would have been to create, dictate and cause panic in their defence, he did didn't do enough of that tonight. All he did was play it safe. Yes he scored and should have got a third, but that completely disguises what was a poor performance from Nasri. First half he did not complete, fuck it, he didn't even attempt one meaningful pass, just played it safe every time.
That's not the type of player he is. That's like when Aguero gets injured expecting donkey Dzeko to do the same? The only comparison between Silva and Nasri is they both possesses great ball control and maintain possession of the ball (rarely giving it away)

What is his job then? To just hold onto the ball, or should he create or at least attempt to create a bit more. He played it safe all night mate bar those last ten minutes when we were a goal down. My expectations clearly are different to yours, but the position he plays, and we know he can do it, I expect a bit more and he did not deliver, a bit like at Anfield on Sunday when he was taking off.

Eccles Blue said:
mancity61 said:
We have not bought a world class player since Aguero and are paying the price now. Should have spent money on two absolute class acts last summer instead of 4 decent pl;ayers one of which has hardly kicked a ball.

Throwing money at it is not the way to build a successful team. We already have the players, why does everyone always go on about spending money? A couple of weeks ago this team were being lauded on here. A couple of mediocre matches & suddenly they are a third division side! Fickle fans.

We're Man City we fight to the end, the Boys in Blue never give in!!

looked like we did tonight

I Re: Sunderland post match thread

Beyond pissed off. Yaya and Silva don't deserve to be in a team finishing 3rd or even 4th! Come to think of it, we never even replaced Carlos Tevez in the summer. Speaking of Tevez, this was a guy who wanted to leave City yet still put 100% effort in to every game he played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.