Sunderland post match thread

Eccles Blue said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Eccles Blue said:
Throwing money at it is not the way to build a successful team. We already have the players, why does everyone always go on about spending money? A couple of weeks ago this team were being lauded on here. A couple of mediocre matches & suddenly they are a third division side! Fickle fans.

We're Man City we fight to the end, the Boys in Blue never give in!!

looked like we did tonight

Without wanting to sound contentious if they had given we would have lost 1-2! :-)

Fair point, but we needed an early goal, its the ideal start after a disappointment, what the hell happened?

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
What game were you watching? He scored and almost scored at the death, his passing was good but there was fuck all going on ahead of him....it was a shit team performance but there were at least 9 others who were far worse than him

I the absence of Silva, his role would have been to create, dictate and cause panic in their defence, he did didn't do enough of that tonight. All he did was play it safe. Yes he scored and should have got a third, but that completely disguises what was a poor performance from Nasri. First half he did not complete, fuck it, he didn't even attempt one meaningful pass, just played it safe every time.

Well, I have to disagree. He was the only one of our guys able to pass the ball which was a positive. His performance might have been a 6 but nobody else deserved anymore than 5 so there are plenty of other guys more deserving of a verbal pummelling than Nasri tonight....the great untouchable Kompany for example. Didn't mean to be rude mate, just pretty low especially after that heartbreaker on Sunday afternoon.

I agree no one deserved more than a 6, I just thought Nasri might have stepped it up a bit in the absence of David. They were all poor tonight mate.

Eccles Blue said:
mancity61 said:
We have not bought a world class player since Aguero and are paying the price now. Should have spent money on two absolute class acts last summer instead of 4 decent pl;ayers one of which has hardly kicked a ball.

Throwing money at it is not the way to build a successful team. We already have the players, why does everyone always go on about spending money? A couple of weeks ago this team were being lauded on here. A couple of mediocre matches & suddenly they are a third division side! Fickle fans.

Agree we can't just keep throwi money at every time it does t go to plan, look at liverpool barely any money in comparison to us. We need to be more of a team rather than just rely on individual performances from players

Posted this in the Pelle thread;

I know I post a lot of shit. However, this is not a knee jerk reaction. I'm very calm right now. We have bought very badly. We have the highest wage bill in world sport.

I wanted Mancini gone. However, it is now conclusive that Pellegrini is no tactician. All he does is play the same style of football every week. No plan B. No plan to stop the opposition. Just sheer arrogance that we can be mini-Barcelona, let me tell you we are a shell of Barcelona. Why? Because Iniesta and Xavi actually give a shit about their club. He stands there like a plank of wood regardless of the result. Never changes the formation, just the personnel.

We turn up week in week out like we are fucking drunk. Our players look shocked that a game of football is happening. No pressing. No aggression. No passion.

Hart is NO WHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS SOME THINK. I've never seen a keeper get beat at his near post so many times.

It's just funny. Seriously. Money can't buy passion because that is why teams like Wigan and Sunderland embarrass us time and time again. Because they want it more. After 4 years and 2 managers we still can't beat Sunderland and Stoke away. We seem to never learn our lesson.

I'm actually embarrassed to be a city fan tonight. The balance of the team is not right. We have way to many stars and not enough 'glue' players. Cahill, Terry, Azpic etc. Chelsea have a bedrock of solid performers. Aside from Fernandinho and Zaba all of our players have a howler in them. Even Liverpool have Henderson etc. Hard workers. We have a load of lazy fuckers robbing us blind.

Soriano promised that we would have a director of football approach and that the first team coach would be cycled every 2 seasons or so. Fuck managerial stability. This isn't 1980 any more. Sack him and hope Madrid sack Ancelotti at the end of the season.

It's difficult for us to comment on the players not wanting it because as fans we've hardly demonstrated that we want it either. There's only 2 categories of noise at our home games - City fans moaning and away fans singing.

Eccles Blue said:
mancity61 said:
We have not bought a world class player since Aguero and are paying the price now. Should have spent money on two absolute class acts last summer instead of 4 decent pl;ayers one of which has hardly kicked a ball.

Months ago some fans were saying our defence was a shambles, the only people lauding them all year are the usual suspects who have been proved so wrong but they don't have the balls to admit it

Periods of great football followed by general apathy and trying to turn things round when it is a little too late, don't fans like you see how utterly repetitive this is

zimmerman said:
@henrywinter 39s

Pellegrini on #mcfc listless display v #safc: “We couldn’t take (get) the game against Liverpool out of our minds”

I am dumbstruck at that comment. Thats his job FFS
Yes it is
But ... They did look deflated tbh . Liverpool took the wind out if them whatever little of it they had . An enormous psychological blow to mere humans . Look at Everton falling tonight too . The attitude has to improve though if we are to at least get a champions league spot. The sad thing is they were just not up to it tonight . It was so slow and laboured . pellegrini needs to get a hold of them mentally before this season turns into a possible nightmare .

So is Silva injured because if not Pellegrini is a bigger bellend than i thought , we had 6 games to play, you run these players into the ground, that what they are paid for, if he's injured fair enough but if he treated this game lightly like Wigan, the Pellegrinis position should be in question.

Eaglechief said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Eaglechief said:
Quite simply

FUCK OFF PELLIGRINI !!

You're a wank stain compared to Mancini

FFS behave, remember last seasons abject performances?

Yes I do, but I also remember the performances the season before too, so what?

It's this season that counts and this garbage manager decided to rest one of our key midfielders for a must win game! He repeated the same mistakes he made against Wigan / Watford in the FA Cup games, this tit never learns!!

And mancini didn't make any mistakes? remember the fa cup final at all?

Its a bollocks statement

Cheadle Blue said:
Eccles Blue said:
Cheadle Blue said:
looked like we did tonight

Without wanting to sound contentious if they had given we would have lost 1-2! :-)

Fair point, but we needed an early goal, its the ideal start after a disappointment, what the hell happened?

I know, not sure what happened because I've been ill for two days & had to miss the match tonight.

Aha that's what happened, me not being there brought us bad luck
!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.