Sunderland post match thread

Falastur said:
mcfcgto said:
I agree the season's dead now but nip over to the official club site( mcfc.co)and read Pelligrini's after match comments they beggar belief. Apparently Sunderland are a difficult team to play after the Liverpool game and the players aren't physically tired they're mentally tired --thank fuck they've not got to go to work in the morning the poor darlings aaaarrrrggghhhh !

Just wow I want live in your world. They are not forced do this, they are privileged.

Yep, those players are pathetic. I mean, to think that someone who has hundreds of millions of people watching his every move, knowing that if he plays even a single ball out of place the fans will turn on him, not knowing if he'll be harassed in the street as he tries to live his regular life, unable to so much as go to an ATM for some cash without paparazzos stalking him and taking pictures of every last detail so that they can criticise it in a tabloid distributed around a country of 65 million people, getting home to find 20,000 people on Twitter have sent him insulting or even downright life-threatening messages over his performance, not knowing whether come the summer he's going to be told "you're not good enough for this team" and end up in a career slump which will see him playing for a mid-table German side or FC who-on-earth-even-knows-how-to-pronounce-their-name-let-alone-learn-the-language of Whereveria, getting into fist-fights with his teammates on the training ground because of a mistimed challenge because drunken hooligans yelled abuse outside his hotel window until 4am, reading every day his own national papers that he's either his country's one chance of rescuing their honour at the World Cup or he's the worst player to pull on their shirt in three generations, to think that he might be mentally tired?!? Thank goodness he doesn't do my regular 9-5 job, because I'm pretty sure that he simply couldn't cope with the stress of knowing that he's got a permanent contract for a company he's worked at for 7 years and knows he would have to screw up badly to be fired from, working in a literally zero-pressure environment with a grand total of three people who rely on his productivity and quality of work in order to get their own jobs done, coming home to a good three or four hours in front of the TV. My word, but he simply wouldn't be able to stand it!

MCFCinUSA said:
Cobwebcat said:
The reason it has gone wrong is our strikers have stopped scoring....all of them. There is too much pressure on our midfielders to do their job and the strikers job.

I really believe that's it.

yeah.. after the league match at home to Chelsea we haven't looked like the team that was tearing everyone up before it
Yeah, we were terrible when we knocked them out the cup without them having a shot weren't we?
Don't know what TV coverage you get in USA but we didn't exactly play poorly at the swamp either.

Ric said:
Just in, so not had time to read the thread.

We were poor tonight, and don't deserve the title. It's over anyway, so we need to address the issues that have led to it.

My problem/concern is that you can't really put it down to individual players. It would be easier if you could. I'm not even sure it's a managerial issue, as we've not really progressed under Pellegrini. Feels like the problem is more deep rooted than that. Feels like there is a lack of belief through out the club, and it's not easily addressed.

Maybe that's melodramatic and over the top, but it feels like we're some way from dominating domestically, never mind on the continent.

There is definitely lack of a cold blooded ruthlessness about us that defines the best teams. Personally I think Pellegrini just isn't that bit nasty enough l

Ric said:

We were poor tonight, and don't deserve the title. It's over anyway, so we need to address the issues that have led to it.

My problem/concern is that you can't really put it down to individual players. It would be easier if you could. I'm not even sure it's a managerial issue, as we've not really progressed under Pellegrini. Feels like the problem is more deep rooted than that. Feels like there is a lack of belief through out the club, and it's not easily addressed.

Maybe that's melodramatic and over the top, but it feels like we're some way from dominating domestically, never mind on the continent.

Interesting. I was there tonight and there was definitely a collective lack of a winning mentality. What struck me was that pretty much every single player was poor tonight. Why?

Ric said:

There does seem to be an inherent problem at this club, that despite who runs it, plays for it, owns it, pervades like a disease. So, no it is not melodramatic, as I have witnessed 40 years of it and it is showing little sign of abating in the long term.

Well fuck it... Topping the league wouldn't be as special if you did it every year, or even every other year. At least the equaliser has probably sealed your bogey team's fate. Enjoy the WC everyone.

WTF has that got to do with anything? You don't have to be a footballer you don't join the army either!!! We all have a choice.

VOOMER said:
Falastur said:
mcfcgto said:
I agree the season's dead now but nip over to the official club site( mcfc.co)and read Pelligrini's after match comments they beggar belief. Apparently Sunderland are a difficult team to play after the Liverpool game and the players aren't physically tired they're mentally tired --thank fuck they've not got to go to work in the morning the poor darlings aaaarrrrggghhhh !

Yep, those players are pathetic. I mean, to think that someone who has hundreds of millions of people watching his every move, knowing that if he plays even a single ball out of place the fans will turn on him, not knowing if he'll be harassed in the street as he tries to live his regular life, unable to so much as go to an ATM for some cash without paparazzos stalking him and taking pictures of every last detail so that they can criticise it in a tabloid distributed around a country of 65 million people, getting home to find 20,000 people on Twitter have sent him insulting or even downright life-threatening messages over his performance, not knowing whether come the summer he's going to be told "you're not good enough for this team" and end up in a career slump which will see him playing for a mid-table German side or FC who-on-earth-even-knows-how-to-pronounce-their-name-let-alone-learn-the-language of Whereveria, getting into fist-fights with his teammates on the training ground because of a mistimed challenge because drunken hooligans yelled abuse outside his hotel window until 4am, reading every day his own national papers that he's either his country's one chance of rescuing their honour at the World Cup or he's the worst player to pull on their shirt in three generations, to think that he might be mentally tired?!? Thank goodness he doesn't do my regular 9-5 job, because I'm pretty sure that he simply couldn't cope with the stress of knowing that he's got a permanent contract for a company he's worked at for 7 years and knows he would have to screw up badly to be fired from, working in a literally zero-pressure environment with a grand total of three people who rely on his productivity and quality of work in order to get their own jobs done, coming home to a good three or four hours in front of the TV. My word, but he simply wouldn't be able to stand it!

Ermm try that explanation to the next family who's loved one is buried after serving their country!

cant be bothered reading all the knee jerk reactions , a long season is catching up with us , injuries , players coming back from injuries etc. We have played 15 games more than Liverpool and it is taking its toll , thats the reality of the situation ,but this is still not over palace and sunderland have shown tonight that teams near the bottom will fight for their lives. This point against sunderland might just win us the league , it did in 2012 , when we fought back for a 3-3 , Cant understand the "we are brilliant" or "we are shit" posters , no happy medium , silva and yaya back next week aguero another week nearer full fitness , this aint over.

Seems like we never got back to top form since that loss against Chelsea at the Etihad. Injuries have played a role and maybe Liverpool match had a role in today's performance as well.

Slimmest of chances for league now but still a top 4 finish at least.

MaineDAWG2008 said:
i think Mancini was right about some of the players, esp lescott, hart, etc. No talent. Complacent.

Personally as much as I like Pellegrini as a man, he is not up for the job. He blew it with his tactics and team selection. Chelsea at home, league cup team selection, v barca away.
Eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.