Sunderland post match thread

Re: Are you disappointed or surprised by the Sunderland result?

i'm not surprise. Sunderland and Everton are the teams that we are always struggle to play with since the last couple years.

i lost my hope since we draw 1-1 at Emirates. Arsenal without their 5 key players, we should win that game, because the teams we play after that fixture is a BOGUS team (Liverpool, Sunderland, Everton) that we are always struggle with home and away, since Mancini days.

inbetween said:
Just got home.

A lot of thoughts still running through my head but that has to be the most crushing result of recent times. I honestly felt that even after Liverpool we could regroup and still snatch this title but tonight confirmed that it has certainly left our grip and even the players simply know it and probably already have their eyes on the World Cup.

I'm sick of hearing about this need to fight, show bottle and whatnot, these guys know more than anyone what is at stake. This result is not surprising, we have been playing pretty average at home ever since we lost to Chelsea, look at the Wigan result... The mentality was gone some time ago..... I think everyone can see that this result was coming, most of the last couple of home games we have been completely lacklustre and it was as though we just expect to turn up and win but to be frank it has usually happened thanks to moments of brilliance or a helping hand. At the moment I just don't think the belief or confidence is there that you would see in a title winning side. Negredo's performance tonight summed up what is going on... Just total frustration, mediocrity and without some world class creativity in Silva, we are lost.

Let's face facts, we weren't far off being rumbled at Arsenal, we were thereabouts at Liverpool but lost and we have taken 0 points from Chelsea all season. We have spent 14 days at the top of the league this year, okay that is because we have so many games in hand but tonight was THE chance to get right up Liverpool's arse and put some pressure on them going into this weekend but we were abysmal.

With respect to Sunderland I thought they played some decent football and did not look like a side that is sat rock bottom of the Premier League. At times they could well and easily of scored several goals but you just felt we weren't going to score any and that Sunderland were always comfortable. Unfortunately you just need that piece of quality to win you games like that but it didn't exist. We have some really good players but none of them are in form, none of them have confidence and only one of them seems to be fit.

Negredo is on his longest scoring draught probably in his career, Yaya is currently our top scorer for god sake. There is a serious confidence issue going on at City and I don't really understand why because it seems to of been lost around the time we played West Ham in the cup. We have some real world class players but they just aren't quite knitted together yet as a team and the rotation of strikers and juggling injuries has certainly damaged momentum.

With this in mind I'm afraid we do not deserve the title this year and whilst our consistency hasn't been bad we have thrown away the big chances to take a grip on this league. We could of won at Arsenal and really afforded any result at Liverpool but no we drew, a point therefore at Liverpool would of been good enough but we threw that away. I'm afraid at this level it is simply not good enough and the poor performance at home to Chelsea and the way we chucked away a point at Stamford Bridge all amounts to us being a 3rd place team this year I'm afraid.
Well summed up. The players and fans do not deserve to be title winners this year.

Had a bad vibe but am reasonably relaxed about it! 2012 cleansed my soul football will never ever bring me a moment close to the emotion of aguero's goal and our FA cup win in 11 and we will never ever have another Gillingham moment. So disappointed not surprised not gutted as I would have been two years ago

Very disappointing , that's about all.

Not totally surprised we haven't hit the heights of December and January results wise consistently for since then.

I will be more surprised if not shocked if Sunderland repeat the result on Saturday and Norwich beat Liverpool on Sunday.

Just won't happen will it.

I had had a bad feeling about tonight since we conceded the third goal on Sunday, I asked on here somewhere how much that would mentally damage us, we were all over Liverpool at the time, and an individual error cost us (well our defending all afternoon did to be fair).

So no I'm not surprised, when we took the lead I wondered if we'd scored too early, we seemed to think it was going to be easy, that's a mental thing, and despite going in 1-0 up, we could easily have gone in behind, yet Milner apart, I thought we played pretty well first half. Zab was struggling though after his bad knock, and he rarely threatened forward after that, understandable

Bad day at the office all round, summed up by the decision to put Rodwell on for the last 5 minutes, no idea what the point of that was at all, not do I understand how Milner stayed on either, where was Navas ?

That said Nasri's miss ultimately cost us three points, and has probably cost us any chance of the title (along with Vinny's error on Sunday), margins are small at the top.

mancity111 said:

Not totally surprised we haven't hit the heights of December and January results wise consistently for since then.

I will be more surprised if not shocked if Sunderland repeat the result on Saturday and Norwich beat Liverpool on Sunday.

No Chance. Liverpool and Chelsea have winners in their side and an extreme desire to win. That's what champions are made of.

citymad said:
mancity111 said:

No Chance. Liverpool and Chelsea have winners in their side and an extreme desire to win. That's what champions are made of.
it hates to say this but ur right tbh.. we had the chance to win it sunday we didnt.. we had the chance to put the game away early today we didnt and let them hang on until it bit us in the ass. we looked lost out there today and had no idea what to do with so many behind the ball. i dont blame pellegrini for resting silva but man we could have used him and yaya today

as LC said probably the most angry ive been since wigan and i was really pissed off at sundays game too. i just dont know what these players expectations are for some of these games

Not a good performance, by any measure, but the team did fight back and almost snatched a winner at the end.

Funny thing, only ONE team can win the Premier League and the margins this year are SLIM, so for all the negativity, especially considering the start to the season we had, is a joke!

We just ended a NINETEEN GAME UNBEATEN STREAK with a heartbreaking defeat against the probable Champions, who are only in that position because they are going on the LONGEST WINNING STREAK IN A PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON!

Some people need to get a grip. It is not over and ANYONE who thinks every TOP team is going to roll EVERY OTHER TEAM is delusional. If Chelsea and Liverpool draw, then it only takes ONE MORE DRAW for City to win the League…..oh, and FIVE wins from City….but it's doable!

Maybe a few of the 44,000 City fans could try and push the team on this weekend?!

ChicagoBlue said:
Not a good performance, by any measure, but the team did fight back and almost snatched a winner at the end.

Funny thing, only ONE team can win the Premier League and the margins this year are SLIM, so for all the negativity, especially considering the start to the season we had, is a joke!

We just ended a NINETEEN GAME UNBEATEN STREAK with a heartbreaking defeat against the probable Champions, who are only in that position because they are going on the LONGEST WINNING STREAK IN A PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON!

Some people need to get a grip. It is not over and ANYONE who thinks every TOP team is going to roll EVERY OTHER TEAM is delusional. If Chelsea and Liverpool draw, then it only takes ONE MORE DRAW for City to win the League…..oh, and FIVE wins from City….but it's doable!

Maybe a few of the 44,000 City fans could try and push the team on this weekend?!

5 points from the last 12 tells me it is almost impossible

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.