Sunderland post match thread

When Freddie blazed over the top a few minutes after scoring I feared the worst - unfortunately I was proved correct.
And being really honest, Sunderland deserved the three points that they frittered away with their goalies fumble.
Oh well, roll on Tuesday morning, another game another opportunity to see the team that I love (City that is not WBA)

on a slightly different perspective,once we made 2-2, why didn't sunderland go for it? to my mind they needed to win?
they were taking time to take free kicks etc, seemed strange to me

Yates said:
I feel sorry for David Silva. He played through an injury for weeks to help the team win the PL and was still top quality, 100% effort and was risking his World Cup place by doing so and the team go and put out a toothless performance like that.

I have to agree with you about David - we really missed his genius in that game. Only Zabba seemed to be putting his body on the line last nght.

Bluekiwi said:
Yates said:
I feel sorry for David Silva. He played through an injury for weeks to help the team win the PL and was still top quality, 100% effort and was risking his World Cup place by doing so and the team go and put out a toothless performance like that.

I have to agree with you about David - we really missed his genius in that game. Only Zabba seemed to be putting his body on the line last nght.

Yes Zabba stood out a mile. Fernandinho tried in a strange looking midfield and Kolarov tried to create - and he was not helped by the piss poor movement up front.

It is pretty clear to me that if we had kept Carlos Tevez then we would have walked the league. He may be a tw*t but he is passion personified when on the pitch.

Txiki needs to take a good luck at himself letting Carlos go and not strengthening further at centre back.

I don't know what to say about last night really. Obviously extremely disappointed. Gutted. There is nothing worse than when the team plays without energy, committment or true spirit. I understand they would be low following the defeat at Anfield but being 1-0 up after 2 minutes is an opportunity to really get things back on track. Instead you just knew we would concede - we were poor and a draw was about all we deserved (if that). It has been a long season for the players - they've had to battle in a lot of games in a lot of competitions but there was a big trophy there for the taking and they've gone from battling back and losing at Anfield and handing the incentive to Liverpool - to allowing both Liverpool and Chelsea an opportunity to coast in. Liverpool will slip up, I am sure of that. Chelsea will not. They already have. And they will not make the same mistakes we did. We now can amass 86pts if we win our remaining games, and there wont be many where we are 1-0 up after 2minutes and able to do so.

Martin Atkinson

I've slept on this but having got up, I still feel the same way...

I thought he was the best defender on the pitch last night.

The way he managed to break down so many of our attacks, why he made the great Bobby Moore look like Alan Kernaghan. The subtly of his cheating by blowing for the most innocuous looking challenges made him a real credit to his profession and he must be very proud this morning.

That was some level of blatant cheating last night. I thought Brown's assault on Aguero (from where I was stood) warranted a red but I thought "nah, he'll only get a yellow from this twat" and wow, not even a free kick!

Yet another on the long list of luminaries who should not be allowed near a fucking whistle.

Out and out cheat.

Re: Martin Atkinson

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
A small look on this page of the forum would have led you to a thread titled Martin Atkinson......
It may well have done, but I couldn't be fucking arsed. Thanks anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.