Sunderland post match thread

I'll probably bounce back, but...

After the Liverpool game, I was angry, emotional, upset, frustrated, gutted. All the usual emotions for me when we lose. It doesn't matter where or when or against whom, but whenever we lose that's how I am to varying degrees.

But last night was strangely different. After they equalised, and even more so after they went ahead, for the first time in my life I thought "Oh well, what the fuck". No anger, no rage or emotion. Just a sort of "I couldn't give a toss now" response. I even said to the Mrs afterwards, perhaps I am watching too much football and should do something else with some of my spare time.

Honestly, I have never felt like that before. When we were shit it kindof didn't matter that we got beaten all the time and never won anything. There was no disappointment about it, I just enoyed the banter and the days out and generally had good fun. But now after 2 seasons of watching every single game, and both seasons ending like this. I can't imagine how low the players must be right now.

As I say, I'll probably snap out of it.

Couldn't get on here last night as I'm susre there were a lot of understandably pissed off fans eager to vent their frustrations.

Putting the Manager aside for a moment you have to question the back bone and effort of the players. I know we were without Silva and Ya Ya but the team we had on the pitch looked like they'd never even trained together. We had no width last night and when we got the ball wide Milner was very poor and I hardly noticed Kolorov on the pitch. Nasri was frustrating - he spends too long on the ball by which time he's surrounded by opposition players or he loses it. But as the second half started it was completely predictable that they were going to score - we were giving them chance after chance to come at us and we didn't seem to have the energy or urgency in our play. We knew before the game that Sunderland can park the bus and yet we had no speed in our attack.

There was a thread on here about when was the last time we played well - I mean really controlled a game for the majority of 90 minutes. I'd say Chelsea in the FA cup is the last game where we did this and possibly Hull away came close. But were not playing like title contenders and let's be honest we haven't been since January. We need to secure top 3 now and with Palace and Everton looming that is not a given.

Is this the players or the manager? I think Pelles has to be given the opportunity to clear out the deadwood and bring in more of his own men. I hope this season will be a learning process for him because the best he will get is one more season to prove himself.

blue12 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Theengelbert said:
How on earth we haven't walked the league this season with this squad i'll never know.. Games like this, Cardiff, villa, the draw at arsenal and not being able to hold on against the dippers is going to eat away at me

Stoke, Southampton, Sunderland x 2, Norwich, Cardiff, Villa,..............4 points out of 21.............incredible.

This is exactly why we seem to have blown it.
Shit performance though it was last night Nasri still should have got us the 3 points .
We seem to have this just turn up and we will win attitude against the so called lesser teams and that to me is what needs addressing .

We haven't been fucking brilliant agains the best teams either.

Chelsea - null points
Liverpool - 3 points
Arsenal - 4 points

7 from 18 is poor for anyone with title hopes.

More annoyed then anything…

Pellegrini says the players were mentally tired last night. Not as tired as we are when we’re working stupid hours to get money to go and watch these poor suffering souls, who have to play in the shirt we’d give our right arm to play in. Forget the wages they earn, that’s how it is. But what I want is a bit of fight from them, not some dozy old bloke coming out with poor excuses for a terrible performance. No fight, no pride, just a bunch of very fortunate young men feeling sorry for themselves because they lost on Sunday…

Mancini wouldn’t put up with it, that’s why they stabbed him in the back, because he told them what they didn’t want to hear!

Forget annoyed, I’m furious with them!!!

Chippy_boy said:

After the Liverpool game, I was angry, emotional, upset, frustrated, gutted. All the usual emotions for me when we lose. It doesn't matter where or when or against whom, but whenever we lose that's how I am to varying degrees.

But last night was strangely different. After they equalised, and even more so after they went ahead, for the first time in my life I thought "Oh well, what the fuck". No anger, no rage or emotion. Just a sort of "I couldn't give a toss now" response. I even said to the Mrs afterwards, perhaps I am watching too much football and should do something else with some of my spare time.

Honestly, I have never felt like that before. When we were shit it kindof didn't matter that we got beaten all the time and never won anything. There was no disappointment about it, I just enoyed the banter and the days out and generally had good fun. But now after 2 seasons of watching every single game, and both seasons ending like this. I can't imagine how low the players must be right now.

I had the exact same feeling.

When they scored the 2nd I wasn't really angry or pissed off, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing and I just stopped giving a shit about the title. You can't win it anyway if you can't win your games in hand against a club that is rock bottom in the league.

The worry I have now is how we regroup from this, I have been a massive fan of Pellegrini but I just can't see him as the type to say to the players that we will become stronger from this like someone like Ferguson probably would but then I don't know what the blokes like in the dressing room. We certainly need a reaction like the scum gave last year after we won the league but the team just looks completely deflated. When that 2nd goal went in from them the team just looked absolutely shell-shocked.

We need now more than ever leadership and someone who can make the players bounce back and at least win every game we have left.

Luck95 said:
Henry Chinaski said:
The crowd was shite tonight. A game we needed to win and there was nothing. They scored with ten minutes to go and it emptied. Those of you that left, you are a disgrace.

well said. the atmosphere is becoming quite embarrassing

The crowd or atmosphere has nothing to do with somebody blasting a sitter over the bar in the 92nd minute, when all that was required was the ball stroking into the ne, to win the game and keep us on track.

inbetween said:
Chippy_boy said:

I had the exact same feeling.

When they scored the 2nd I wasn't really angry or pissed off, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing and I just stopped giving a shit about the title. You can't win it anyway if you can't win your games in hand against a club that is rock bottom in the league.

The worry I have now is how we regroup from this, I have been a massive fan of Pellegrini but I just can't see him as the type to say to the players that we will become stronger from this like someone like Ferguson probably would but then I don't know what the blokes like in the dressing room. We certainly need a reaction like the scum gave last year after we won the league but the team just looks completely deflated. When that 2nd goal went in from them the team just looked absolutely shell-shocked.

We need now more than ever leadership and someone who can make the players bounce back and at least win every game we have left.

I am the same.. it felt like the players didn't have any fire in their bellies left, so why should we? After the massive disappointment of last season you'd have expected a massive backlash during the business end of this season (like United did after losing it to us), but we just don't seem to have it in the squad. When we went behind last night, for me it felt like, 'right if the players don't display the required fight, why should I mull over a result for two days like I did after Liverpool'. We all invest a lot of time and money in this side, and I think its finally coming to light that a fair few of them simply dont care enough.

de niro said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
LoveCity said:
This has gone viral on Twitter among the haters. I guess it was taken early or late, but to be honest it was awful for a title run-in (or what was a title run-in till the game ended). The game was nearly sold out, there must be a lot of sick dogs and night shifters.

BlXZuL9CcAALRDJ.jpg
Notice how you can't see the scoreboard?

That could be 30 seconds into the game.

looking at the daylight I'd say you were right.

That's basically at or just before sunset, as you can see the red sunlight at the very top of the East Stand.

The sunset time for last night in Manchester was approx 8:11pm...

I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Pics and comments on the Sunderland game are now online at
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citapr14a.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citapr14a.htm</a>

1.618034 said:
de niro said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Notice how you can't see the scoreboard?

That could be 30 seconds into the game.

looking at the daylight I'd say you were right.

That's basically at or just before sunset, as you can see the red sunlight at the very top of the East Stand.

The sunset time for last night in Manchester was approx 8:11pm...

I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

I have drawn the conclusion that you can't tell exactly what time it is on the photo. The crowd wasn't great last night but there weren't that many spaces 26 minutes in imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.